This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7030 clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7030 clutch
    Posted: 31 May 2023 at 1:08pm
My son says he has to shut engine off to put trans in gear we are baling. Easy adjustment? Thsnks Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 1:37pm
More info we just met both baling and its the trans brake how do i adjust? The engine clutch is good and he said he can live with it throughout today. Just started this issue today
                          Dana
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 3:22pm
Engine off. Stand outside an open cab door. With your hand there should be ZERO free-play in the clutch pedal. Chances are good you have free-play because the two brass bushings on the clutch valve spool fork are broken. I suspect you'll need two- 70269529 bushings from AGCO and adjust the cable to zero free-play. Spray WD40 all over anything that moves.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 5:50pm
Yes Doc I believe 3 plus inches of pedal free play Thank you!
                          Dana
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 5:55pm
The maroon side panel down from the clutch pedal needs to be removed after rolling back the floor mat. Five bolts I think.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 6:23pm
OK Doc I just checked it engine off door open. There’s only an inch at the most of FreePlay can I just get in there and tighten that cable after removing side panel? Thank you so much!
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 6:27pm
I guess once I get in there in the morning, I can tell more! thank you
                          Dana
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 6:27pm
It’s not a cable adjustment if bushings are broken 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 7:36pm
You can try the cable adjust without removing the panel, but my $$$$ says it needs bushings.
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 7:55am
My 7060 did the same thing. My problem wound up being the cable going from clutch pedal to valve. The exterior of the cable had come apart and the actual inner part of the cable was protruding through and I wasn't getting a full stroke with the clutch pedal. Just another thing you may look at.
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:19pm
Wow as usual Doc was spot on with the broken / worn bushings which are on their way. Leon B my cable is exactly as you say yours was and is on the way. I don’t know how to get to the top end oh the cable ?? It disappears into a dark hole   Dana
                          Dana
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:43pm
If you're 7030 is set up like my 7060, I took the bracket off that the cable attaches to at the pedal end of cable, 2 3/8 bolts then the clamp can be worked on much easier. I did remove both upper and lower panels.
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 3:04pm
Just think how much faster you would have had things back doing what they should have if you had read the manual to do some preventive maintenance over the winter.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 6:13pm
I hear ya Paul, why did I convert 8 6v systems last winter? My new heated shop is too small for the 7000 series and on top of that I bought several beautiful 7 grand series in the past 2 years. I will eventually catch up on their needs. Honestly caring for 24 has been an eye opener🙄
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic