This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD pto drive gear retaining ring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW2 Ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD pto drive gear retaining ring
    Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:15pm
Anyone have any leak replacing the retaining ring for the pto drive gear in front of the hand clutch without a split? Wound up with a WD and upon diagnosing the hand clutch issues found the remnants on the snap ring in the sump.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 7:10pm
If that snap ring was missing and the gear wasn't retained on the clutch shaft, when you went to disengage the hand clutch, it would pull the gear off the shaft. So ?? how does the hand clutch work ???
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 7:17pm
Never done it, but I would say it could be done.                 MACK
CW2 Ryno View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW2 Ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 8:19pm
It was sliding the gear back disengaging it from the pto intermediate gear.   I think I can get one in, need to find the dimensions of the ring.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:38pm
leak = luck....changes the whole question.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:16pm
What’s the part number
CW2 Ryno View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW2 Ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:47pm
70204085 Is the AGCO part number

Also need the release springs for the clutch plates. AGCO shows two numbers

And

Thanks!
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 6:26am
I was able to do it. I suspect worn bearings helped a little. 
http://lonsallischalmers.com
CW2 Ryno View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW2 Ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:15pm
Looking at the shaft the shoulder is worn and my guess is the snap ring is popping off if they were over zealous on disengaging the hand clutch.   Going to see how hard the gear shoulder is and might machine some cone point grub screw and retain it that way. The gear appears to not have any reason to move for me and aft.    Tractor is new to me and kind of a hodgepodge. Serial number is 1957 WD45, engine is a WD and the hand clutch was a two disc unit.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:22pm
Look at snap ring, one side will have a rounded edge, the other a sharp edge. Put the sharp edge toward the hand clutch.                   MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic