This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dozer parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dozer parts
    Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:59pm
J&H Welding has loads of dozer parts
 They were an Allis Chalmers dealer
 Phone  906 353 6119
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 11:37pm
Sure would be great if your suggestion could pull a rabbit out of their hat and help many.

The referenced business location appears to be very residential in nature looking to be run out of a back yard garage:

A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Mike K View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:25pm
this business in out in the country
tremendously big shop
Mike K View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:26pm
Use Mapquest
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:07pm
What I posted was found via google maps and cross linked to the telephone number you provided.

Certainly didn't make any sense from what I seen. Meant to call but forgot during regular operating hours. If they are a caterer to the antique equipment markets, I may look to sale my services to them rebuilding parts as always looking for opportunity. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 4:10pm
Spoke with Mike today at length and is a very nice gent. Has quite the supply of parts I can tell. Going to venture up to his place next month as I have a few prospects to help out if possible. 
Mike K View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:25pm
Get a Motel room, and spend a day, you wont regret it
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 5:39am
I do plan to drive up and meet in person rather than shipping parts. He has some operating spares I'm going to purchase for my own tractor.
Mike K View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 10:36pm
I stayed at the L'Anse Motel   No bells or whistle. I ask about wake up and the gentleman said there is a alarm clock in room.  My kind of place to stay. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:55am
Mine too if staying in rented space. I've slept in the truck many of my travel days with a simple topper on the bed, cot, and a propane fired catalytic heater up in the corner. A Coleman stove, three way RV refrigerator, and portable toilet take care of all the travel needs.

Before retiring I had a slide in camper but it was getting rotten from the years of use so sold it off. Thinking of going back the same way again as it consistently worked well for me.

Looking forward to meeting Mike and will next month.
Mike K View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 9:48pm
I had planned on sleeping in my SUV and happened to run across this motel. Very nice people and place
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic