This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a few things to do this summer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a few things to do this summer.
    Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:49pm
I haven't been to a professional drag strip since 1970. I've made Up my mind I'm headed for the Humboldt Iowa Drag strip this summer, work a few days at the Iowa State Fair, and maybe take in the Allis show at the Ammana Colonies. That is if it will ever stop raining and snowing. Plus taking groceries to mom. I might even cut another crop of hay this summer. I might even work up enough nerve to ask a young grandma to go with me. Oh well.   
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:58am
Been so busy being busy I forgot to play too.  This year is different, will be traveling some, see some new to me sights and events.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:22am
 We had plans like that when covid hit and now my wife is not in any shape to travel. Now she is gotten virdigo so I guess it no go for us.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:29am
We don't quit playing because we grow old...

We grow old because we quit playing Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:19am
paul b you are absolutly right i am 59 and go like i was twenty and never felt better exept for one differance i dont suffer through some serious hang overs 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic