This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with WF part or part number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with WF part or part number
    Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 6:20am
I am rebuilding the front axle on a WF. My local machine shop made me the new front pivot pin and king pins. There is a tapered part that goes through the king pins (to hold them in place) Both of mine are damaged (probably useable if I can't find any). I would like to find a pair, if possible. Does anyone have a pair they would sell or even a part number?

For some reason. I am having no luck with the online AGCO parts book.
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 6:54am
This one?
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Jim.ME Jim.ME wrote:

This one?

Yes, it is the # 16. 
Does anyone have a pair of #70200047 they would sell?
Thanks Jim !!!

Edited by WF owner - 25 Mar 2023 at 7:52am
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 9:05am
The original number was U-47
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:08pm
Are you only using agco parts books or do you have the older parts book
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:26pm
Most taper lock pins are made to a specific size... Most are 1/4 inch per foot taper.. If you know the length and the diameter of ONE END, then you can buy them on line.. Kind of like BOLTS... you dont make them, you BUY a standard size..

This is from McMaster Carr...... there are dozens of different sizes.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Are you only using agco parts books or do you have the older parts book

I am using the link I always used. Shop AGCO Parts (agcocorp.com)

When I enter "Allis Chalmers", I get a listing of four power units.

If I enter "WF", I get a WC/WF Power Unit.

I do have a WF parts manual when I get home.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 1:21pm
If you can come up with the 6 digit part no. I may be able to cross reference it using my (rarely used) "DEALERS PARTS CATALOG and NUMERICAL INDEX for STANDARD PARTS"
Form S-10 Dated March 1965.
On page 108 there is a listing for "PIN-TAPER"
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 2:59pm
I have very little experience with AGCO part numbers, but the AGCO # (according to Jim.Me's parts page) is 70200047. I believe the older part number would be 200047?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 3:12pm
Yes. My original parts book is U-47. I didn’t look in numerical book but my experience is all the U numbers Iv come across switches to a 20xxxx number to make six digit for that time period. Then when Deutz took over they added 7xxxxxxx to make 8digits which carries over to now. There’s some other variables but that’s what iv learned so far.
I believe Jim had a nice explanation in old allis few years back
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 4:08pm
I found something interesting while going through my Allis "Numerical Index for STANDARD PARTS" manual.
For one thing, all of the part numbers in it are in the 90XXXX series.
Apparently, at some point, Allis began using the 90XXXX part numbers for all standard hardware parts used on their tractors. 
You will be amazed at how many 90XXXX part numbers show up in the various Allis Parts Manuals
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the part number for the tapered pin used in the control lever in the WD and WD-45 governors and it is 901357. I can find that in the "STANDARD PARTS" manual described as: Tapered Pin:  Dia. #0  Length: 3/4".

Having said all that, I guess what you are looking for is not simply a tapered pin but rather a tapered pin with threads and a nut on one end. I seem to remember that back in my younger days I saw many of them on old Fords that used king pins.

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 4:14pm
those are readily available also...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 5:56pm
The Mcmaster taper pins shown use the nut to pull them.  They are commonly used to hold position of bearing housings and adjustable parts after alignment on machines like paper machines.  It might be what was used, but I wouldn't expect a pin that tightening the nut would loosen it from the axle, to be used to hold a kingpin.

Truck and other steering axles I am familiar with have flats or key type ridges on the lock pins/studs that mate with slots in the side of the kingpins.  The lock pins/studs may have threads with nuts that pull them in tight or may just drive in tight.  I would expect such to be holding the WF kingpins.

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 6:11pm
The "taper pins" go through the housing and through the slot on the king pins (2 bottom pins of picture below) to hold them on place. The taper pins have a flat side that fits against the flat machined area of the king pins.

My neighbor that has a machine shop made these pins for me. The top is the front end pivot pin, that had no grease fitting (it does now!). The bottom are the new king pins. I think he did a great job!

I am going back out to the shop later tonight. I will take a picture of the taper pins and post them.

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 7:41pm
Here's a picture of one of the taper pins.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic