This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hand tools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand tools
    Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 2:21pm
13 mm socket pulled off a 10" ext today while I was working on a hard to reach bolt . Luckily it was a deep well and I managed to fish it out with a magnet . Taped it to the ext after that . Wonder how you fellas deal with this ? I feel sorry for today's auto techs . Thanks !!
Sponsored Links

Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 2:44pm
Tape works.
Not all tools are created equal.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 3:08pm
Thanks Clay , how'd you know I was using a Harbor Freight socket ? Oh well 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 5:03pm
med strength Locktite BEFORE you begin...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 5:25pm
Take a center punch and make a few booger marks on the extension, to deform it a little to make it a little harder to slide a socket off...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 5:42pm
I have a Dewalt corded impact wrench I can't get a socket off of! socket is not a HF one either! had to buy another impact to use.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:11pm
Thanks Dave, center punch idea sounds good to me
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:05am
Hey Shameless, take a small punch through the hole on the socket and push in on the ball or lock mechanism on the arbor. Had one of them impacts once that had a locking pin rather than a small ball to hold the socket, was never so glad to "misplace" that tool, always another trip back to the toolbox to change a socket. Hope this may help you out. Glad to have you back on here and hope you're staying healthy.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 6:54am
My HF Impacts tend to LOCK the sockets on, have to take a hammer and drive across the lock ring as is too tight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic