This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Business Hiring and can't find help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 11:15am
Don’t you guys up north have Cabinet Minister that is crying about having to have more immigration, to construct homes for the immigrants? What the he!! kind of convoluted thinking is that?[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get started, but I will say is we have all kinds of young working people here that can't afford rent or to get a mortgage and no help to them, but they are excavating thousands of acres of "protected" productive farm land to build housing for more new comers that get all kinds of grants and freebies to move in.

And even on the US side....look at all your veterans that fought in the wars to make this country what it is, and they have almost ZERO help or support.
yet our gov keeps bringing in all these people that are trying to change our way of living into theirs now.
Rant over.

Edited by 1955CA - 13 Aug 2023 at 11:17am
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 2:03am
our 2 Caseys stores are about kapoot, Caseys District manager is so busy *issing the employees off, they are all quitting, there was no one to open one store last week. the other store, they cut hours on the cook, now there isn't enough time to get the food out so the morning customers can buy it. they should change their open hours to 10 AM to 2 PM.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 6:04am
went to local WallyWorld / strip mall the other day....

there's a girl sitting on the sidewalk, between two stores, asking for money....
..BOTH stores have 'help wanted' signs in their windows.

i just shook my head and carried on. no sense taking her picture, everyone would think I'd 'cut and cropped' it.....

sigh, it;s a strange,strange world we live in, master jack.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 7:13am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

went to local WallyWorld / strip mall the other day....

there's a girl sitting on the sidewalk, between two stores, asking for money....
..BOTH stores have 'help wanted' signs in their windows.

i just shook my head and carried on. no sense taking her picture, everyone would think I'd 'cut and cropped' it.....

sigh, it;s a strange,strange world we live in, master jack.....

Cannot pass drug screens.  Pot is so prevalent and REMAINS a Block to active Employment as IS a KNOWN attention suppressant where anyone using is a HAZARD to Others, Insurers DEMAND Testing.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 7:30am
It's like that here too. I work in the mines and we have random drug testing and you can't believe how many people lose hundred thousand plus dollar jobs because they can't go 7 days without dope when they have the next 7 off.

Not to mention the other mines that are hiring up here and can't get people because they can't pass a fit for duty test.
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 7:45am
Shameless, I'm seeing the same at Casey's here. Must be a corporate thing. Casey's not what it used to be in rural America. Last few years they are building stores in big cities, even closing some of the rural town stores.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 10:44am
Casey's claims to be famous for their pizza.  
Personally, I think it taste like soggy cardboard with topping.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 10:52am
Haven't given Casey's  a single dollar since they hiked the price on gasoline to just over $5.00 a gallon on  September 11, 2001.  That move cost them $10,000.00 in fines from the state of Illinois.

Prior to that used to order three large "supreme" and three large "pepperoni pizzas a week for the guys working the shop.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 4:35pm
Caseys in West Central Illinois seem to be better.. Not much different in the last 5 years. One of the cheaper places to buy gas. We get a Pizza every sunday night and a couple beers.. They seem to have pizza comparable to the mom and pop shop.. Much better than local Pizza Hut.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 7:00pm
Caseys here in town -used- to have the best pizza, now its so high priced, thin, nothing the same each time you get it, and now known for the - d--g dealing place,, 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 7:05am
Casey's gas here is known for water problems, random refiners supply the base stock hauled by any that will, and is higher value of Ethanol than other stations.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic