This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 hydraulic hose???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 hydraulic hose???
    Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:20am
I blew a hose that goes to one of the lift cylinders.
Will a standard (made at NAPA) hose work?
Wondering about the pressure?
Sponsored Links

bikergreat1911 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikergreat1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:35am
I'm was told you should be fine. That's were i was told to get mine once i start to redo it.
Youtube channel= rgs adventure
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:49am
1/4 inch hydraulic hose is what I used, fittings were different so correct police may object.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:17am
3000+ psi is the working pressure if the hydraulic pump is in good shape.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:39am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

3000+ psi is the working pressure if the hydraulic pump is in good shape.

Thank you DR.
Any guesses what standard hydraulic hoses are rated for?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:57am
You tell me. Standard ??   There are one-wire and two-wire hoses. Each has its own pressure rating depending on hose diameter. I would EXPECT the hose to have writing on it giving the pressure specs. That's the way it is where I buy hoses...every hose is marked.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:00am
smaller two wire hoses will have a WORK rating in the 6000 psi range...  the BURST will be 3 -4 times that much. ... marked on the hose as Dr said.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:40am
Was looking in parts book. Which hose do you need. Shows two different part numbers
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Was looking in parts book. Which hose do you need. Shows two different part numbers

The one that goes to the left(while sitting on the tractor) lift cylinder.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:06am
Originals had a swivel end at least on left side so you could flip it fwd for cultivator use. If not using frt mnt cultivator could easily use a 90 and appropriate length hose. I had a swivel go to leaking so it got the bronze treatment.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 27 Jan 2023 at 8:08am
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 11:09am
I took mine to the local JD shop they made me a replacement from 6000 psi hose they had the correct 90 deg swivel in stock. took about 20 minutes i went home and installed it been working great ever since. had both sides made at the same time. 
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 12:47pm
I also had JD make mine new 10 years ago. They are same as what wa on it. 3/8's hose. I Make sure one side can spin. If both fitting are solid you'd have to spin the cylinder to install. Memory says the JD 1/2 hose was 3000PSI and 3/8's was 5000PSI. said on the hose.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 8:52am
Thad, last I had checked about a year ago the hoses were still available new from AGCO for about $40 each if you have a dealer not too far away. When I shopped around locally I couldn't find anyone that could make them for much better than that.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:01am
A key thing to remember, when installing the hose, keep the STRIPE on the hose straight.
DO NOT TWIST the stripe! 
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 11:22am
I got mine from Agco a couple years ago . Probably may still have them. Perfect fit and price was fair. Around $100 dollars for both. Smile
Sally123 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sally123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 2:28am
Whether a standard hose from NAPA or another automotive parts retailer will work as a replacement for your blown hydraulic hose depends on several factors:

Pressure rating: Hydraulic systems operate under very high pressures. The replacement hose needs to have a pressure rating that is suitable for your specific hydraulic system. You should check the pressure rating of the original hose and ensure that the replacement hose can handle at least that much pressure. Over time, operating a hydraulic hose close to its maximum pressure rating can lead to premature failure.

Size: The inner diameter (ID) and the length of the hose need to be correct for your application. A hose with the wrong ID may not allow enough hydraulic fluid to flow, affecting the performance of the system. A hose that is too long could add unnecessary volume to the system, while a hose that is too short may not fit properly or may be subjected to stress and strain that could cause it to fail prematurely.

End fittings: The replacement hose must have end fittings that match those on the original hose. There are many different types of hydraulic hose fittings, so it's important to get ones that will connect properly to your hydraulic system.

Compatibility with hydraulic fluid: Different hydraulic hoses are made from different materials, and not all materials are compatible with all types of hydraulic fluid. You need to ensure that the replacement hose is compatible with the type of hydraulic fluid you are using in your system.

Given these considerations, it's quite possible that a standard hose from NAPA or another automotive parts retailer could work as a replacement. However, it's essential to check all of these factors to ensure that the replacement hose will function properly and safely in your hydraulic system.

If you're not sure, it's best to consult with a professional or with the manufacturer of your hydraulic system to get a suitable replacement hose.

Edited by Sally123 - 19 Jul 2023 at 2:30am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 6:05am
Thank you comrade. Please say hello to the Queen for me.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 8:02am
they are practicing with their Artificial Intelligence BOTS... Computer reads all the POSTS above, combines it all together, researches what all that means, and spits out the formulated answer..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 8:39am
Hope "it" reads my response !!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 6:20pm
Thad any hydraulic shop will make up a good hose for you. Just tell them the pressure you are working with. I'm sure you have had a new one on for months. Available from agco as well as I said earlier. Smile 
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 10:26pm
would you guys throw me off of here if i said what i thought about sally123 ? 
John Phillis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Phillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

would you guys throw me off of here if i said what i thought about sally123 ? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

LOLClap

Now I want to hear this. The longer you wait to post it, the more it is going to fester, and then it will really be fun to read!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic