This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Color of Allis A rear and front wheel centers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color of Allis A rear and front wheel centers
    Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 8:36pm
I have searched and have not been successful in finding a post on the color of the Allis A wheel centers.  Mine has what appears to be a grey color on the rear centers and black on the front.  Can anyone give me any information on the colors and codes if possible?  Thanks.
A(1937), 2 G, 2 WD45 diesels, 6 WD45 gas, UC, 2 WD, D17 gas, WF, Farmall 400, D12, Kubota B3030
Sponsored Links

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 8:51pm
There is no factual information and some disagreement but the consensus among knowledgeable people 20 years ago was most early tractors had black wheels and rims. Later ones had orange wheels and silver rims. The split was about 194⁰. Period pictures show these colors and combinations plus others but who knows if factory or not? The operators manual shows all black except the rear rims that appear to be white.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 18 Jan 2023 at 8:53pm
Farrell(Utah) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm
. Thanks Butch.  Based on this information, I'm going with all black on the rims and centers.  Any correct police should not be too offended by that color scheme.

A(1937), 2 G, 2 WD45 diesels, 6 WD45 gas, UC, 2 WD, D17 gas, WF, Farmall 400, D12, Kubota B3030
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 5:41am
You won't satisfy all of the CPs no matter what. Mine are all black because I worried about such when it was restored 24 years ago. Were I to redo it I would go orange/silver because it looks nicer IMO.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 19 Jan 2023 at 5:43am
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 6:42am
This is from some Literature i had .I had 3 A's they all look good in any configuration as long as they look good to you is all that counts. 

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
34 Airflow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 34 Airflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 3:17pm
We have photos of our A when it was new which shows black centres and rims front and rear. I have found an Australian Sales brochure that shows the same, although I have seen other original sales literature showing all orange too (which could be later years as suggested above)
1937 Model A, 1937 Model U, 1929 United, 1945 Model C, 1949 WF, 1948 WC, 1956 D272 and a Roto Baler
http://www.australianallischalmersregistry.com/
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 9:25am
I think I remember a guy named Farrell almost 15?years ago being very helpful in responding to my questions when I first joined the site.
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
Farrell(Utah) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:04am
Thanks to all of you for your responses.  The good information is appreciated.  Ken, this is the guy and I hope I was helpful in partial payment to all the good help I have received from members of the Forum.
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:55am
You were VERY helpful! Thanks again!!
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
JamesHill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:55am
I wish you well in finding a solution to your issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic