This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 2600 disc harrow parts (used)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 2600 disc harrow parts (used)
    Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 10:02am
Hello, I am searching for some used parts for my 2600 disc harrow. It’s is a 30 ft I believe and I’m looking for various things like spools, scraper arms, ect.
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 2:04pm
Ask Lynn Marshall.
He is on here...look up the member list.
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 8:05pm
9inch or 11 inc spacing ?
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 8:01am
Call this number and ask for Don. 515 968 4381. Parts are in Paton, Iowa.
SilverShoes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 5:09am
It is a 9 inch machine
Michagman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:48am
I recently worked on a 2600 and made my own spools for less than $30 apiece.  Schedule 40 pipe about 3.5" I.D. and about 4" O.D. matches up nicely.  You can center it by putting 2" PVC pipe with 3" bushings inside (it makes a nice fit after removing the wrench flats from the bushings).  You can get furrow fillers for a John Deere that will bolt right on, as I recall, I think they are for a 635 disc right up to their vertical tillage equipment.  To save money on the trunnions, AMCO FB-09-0013 would probably work.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 2:03pm
So I haven’t torn into these gangs yet but I was curious if anyone has used parts such as spools from other brands such as the Deere disc. Actually I like the idea of building the spools I guess but just looking for the best economical and easiest route. Can the gang arbor bolts be welded on if the disc blades have cut into them or will that weaken the bolt too much. Thanks

Edited by SilverShoes - 19 Jan 2023 at 3:21pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 1:00pm
I have used anything that fits no matter what brand or color. Heavy disc is the most used tillage tool in my part of the world because of the rocks. It was cheaper to buy more or less warn out disc than buying new parts the last time I priced things.

I have made axles by cutting and welding old ones to the length I needed.I am far from a professional welder, but follow the basics. I worked with 1 1/8 round, V it 1/8 of a inch or less, lay it in a angle iron to keep it straight. Run a bead down one side turn it over do the other, let it cool, chip the slag, and wire wheel it to get the slag all out. After root pass I use 7018. Make pass on each side and clean, repeat , don't over heat it, keep a eye making sure it stay straight.

I have made a spool or 2 from old disc blades and pipe. They never failed, but as I had real ones from junk disc I replaced with the real thing. The axle nuts need to be really tight no matter what and I have run used blades that the center holes was a bit big (not a 1/2 inch to big, maybe a 1/4 to big) without cutting the axle but do weld them up.

I feel bearing for heat at lunch time. Have drill a very small hole in the seal and needle point fitting on grease gun and added grease to sealed for life bearings. Put a little silicon gasket maker in the hole, and got a lot more acres out of a bearing.  
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:32pm
Thanks to everyone for their responses and hel
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:24pm
I have one im parting out. Think i have what you need.
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:46pm
I sent you a message. Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic