This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolls Royce collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolls Royce collection
    Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 9:53am
Here is a video done by a local guy of my old friend, Howard's, Rolls Royce collection.  We've been buddys since we bought our first cars back in 1960.  I bought a '51 Meteor (Canadian Ford) and Howard bought a 1930 Rolls Royce Phantom! , which he still has and was the start of this collection.  I thought he was crazy at the time!!  Obviously not!!

After Howard's Dad passed away, he let me have some of his Dad's tractor collection and those Allis tractors, a '39 'B' and a '28 20-35 were the start of my Allis collection.

Howard's collection although there are quite a few more not on display!!

Edited by Alberta Phil - 09 Jan 2023 at 9:47am
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 12:37pm
Albert... i get a note that the VIDEO is Private and not available to view.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 1:54pm
I'll see if I can get it to work.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 4:35pm
It's being edited.  I'll try to post it again when I receive the updated version.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:48am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:36am
Very cool
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:02pm
Very impressive!

Someone has money...is he an oil man?
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 10:14am
No, he is an electrician, single, never married, and kept all his money!!  Actually he bought most of those cars many years ago when they were much more reasonably priced.  That big 1930 Phantom 2 town car was his first car. He bought it about 1960 at the same time I bought my first car.  I think it cost more to ship it here from the UK than what he paid for it.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 9:45am
Nice to see a legacy continued. Thanks for sharing the great video. Henry Royce’s only desire was to build the best quality engines/cars/planes/etc that Charles Rolls sold. Quality was/is Rolls-Royce’s essence....from their “Gray Ghost to the Spitfire’s Merlin/Packer v12s.

Neither had any desire to be mass production tycoons like their era’s Henry Ford types. Not to take away from Ford’s many contributions, but he passed on an opportunity to mass produce the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine during WWII. To that end, another Michigan small company, Packard, also driven by its engineering specialty, accepted to not only mass produce the Merlin, but while doing so, refined its build/tolerances so much so that Henry Royce could find no faults with any of the arriving Packard’s shipped engine’s to Great Britain for their Spitfires. Later these same engines were outfitted into the European P51 mustangs.
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 11:29am
Comes down to two different mindsets. Royce wanted to build absolute perfection; that cost money, which is reflected in the price. Ford on the other hand, wanted to build something everyone could afford; sacrifices have to be made, once again reflected in the price. I have only known one person who drove a Rolls Royce, and it was an unbelievable ride. But there is noway, I could ever justify the cost.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic