This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fed ex rant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fed ex rant
    Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 7:22pm
Ordered a $400 item a few days ago. Fed ex sent email that it would require a signature . No prob I'll be here . Just found the package on the porch at the front door . Wife and I both sitting here in the house. I've been checking the porch. Email says delivered and signed for by me
What the heck?!?
Sponsored Links

John68 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 8:56pm
They have been doing that since the covid . 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:00am
Tossed two NEW aluminum rims yet in boxes and Two NEW tires onto my gravel drive and drove off here. I was INSIDE the shop where he did that. I barely got outside as the driver hauled butt down the drive. Could not have been here fifteen seconds.

FedEx sucks
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:51am
UPS always leaves it at the end of the driveway by the mailbox1/2 mile away.
Delivery message always says, 'gated driveway'. I don't have a gate.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:58am
I have seen Fed X  person throw box onto steps from 8 - 10 feet away,    UPS is way more careful and I trust them more with my stuff.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:59am
Purolater guy is GREAT... drops off at my garage door...

UPS is good, drops off at house basement door,kinda hidden

FedeX guy tossed onto stairs to front door ,for the World to see AND says 'delivered in person'...

I assume FX takes pictures of their delivery but....a lie is a LIE !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 7:34am
FedEx doesn't know how to use the black truck bed box labeled "Deliveries" sitting next to the personnel door of the shop. They many times put packages right next to, or in front of it. 

Reading capability isn't a requirement for employment obviously.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 7:46am
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'm not alone. Looks like they could have rung the door bell? World we live in, I guess.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 10:07am
I'll probably get a little resistance for saying this, but my own opinion, and my own experiences, are that the US postal service still has the best service.
Darrel
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 11:36am
USPS does the best for me. UPS is second with FedEx far behind

I live in Town and UPS/Fedex constantly leave my packages at my neighbors houses. 
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 12:19pm
I also think USPS is better , but not by much . Thanks !
estout81 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estout81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 12:19pm
Amazon delivers to a lean to shed across the road from my house which is about 250 feet from the hose. I had my Ranger parked there a couple of times. They put the package in the bed one time and on the hood the next time. They posted that they delivered to my garage which is on the end of the house 250 feet away.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 12:46pm
FedEx rarely can find my place. Only 4 houses on the stretch I live on between two other roads. Last time they delivered my package around the corner on a road with a completely different name. I would never make FedEx my choice for a shipper, it's just what some places use as they must be the lowest bidder. Have you watched "shipping wars" would you have Jarrod ship something for you just because he was the cheapest?
 In all my years of travelling the hyways, if there was a wreck tying up traffic it would be good odds that a FedEx trick was involved. 

Edited by PaulB - 02 Dec 2022 at 12:48pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 1:06pm
In order of preference
1) USPS
2)UPS
3/4 tie ) because FedEx and Amazon must be having a contest over who sucks the most. FedEx thinks every day is an easter egg hunt. Amazon is just entertainment because I refuse to order anything from them.
This said the Post Office is giving some WD parts I ordered a tour of the midwest right now.

Edited by exSW - 02 Dec 2022 at 1:08pm
Learning AC...slowly
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 3:22pm
Just witnessed an Amazon delivery. Set the package on a rear stoop, took a photo and left. The package now is gone but can’t tell if the actual recipient got it or if stolen already
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 3:35pm
Before my package was delivered Wed , I got a text from Jessica at Fed Ex saying they were unable to deliver Wed . Looked fishy to me so I didn't click on the link for an explanation . Guess I did the right thing ? Thanks 
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 3:54pm
Here's one. FedEx guy comes barrelin' up the driveway and tangles his driver side mirror in my tree branches near the drive. Breaks his mirror and it falls out of the frame, hits the driveway, shatters and he drives away. I was out at the time and come home and see all this glass in the driveway and Jo Jo standin' there with her hands on her hips with not to happy a face on. Now this is a tree that the UPS drivers don't even touch when they back up the driveway wit' their big Brown trucks.  Couple days later FedEx guy is back.  I heard him come up the drive 80 miles an hour again, this time I hook with him. He tells me my tree broke his mirror. I told him first of all if you weren't in so much of a hurry, you have 10 foot of driveway on your right side that you can use and not come near the tree. UPS guys don't touch the tree. BTW, you left your mirror on my driveway in a million pieces and just drove away that I had to clean up. Thanks. The next couple times he delivered, I noticed he still didn't put a new mirror in. Probably didn't want to tell his boss.  Sheesh!

UPS here is pretty tragic. They get around the tree okay, but I swear they use the pkgs for wheel chocks! Battered and smashed boxes. Sad. Here's your box. Have a nice day!

We use USPS exclusively. Only had a couple issues over all the years. And the flat rate system is great for us with heavy parts such as Generators, Starters, etc.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 4:23pm
USPS will actually at times bring up to the house, Packages always CLEAN tidy and might have a slight ding in spots.  UPS, FILTHY, dust or dirt from inside trucks, off gravel roads, boxes may not be used for chocks but left on floor to roll around most of day.  FedEx, again Filthy, look as if used for chocks too, several had small parts missing from holes, sellers replaced. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 8:04pm
Same thing with FedEx this afternoon. Padded shipping envelope on the ground in front of the deck box labeled "Deliveries". 

Wonder if they'd take exception if I painted "Packages in the box Dumfuk" on the box?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 2:22pm
 News flash says Fed X driver in Texas kidnaps girl and she's found dead. 
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

Same thing with FedEx this afternoon. Padded shipping envelope on the ground in front of the deck box labeled "Deliveries". 

Wonder if they'd take exception if I painted "Packages in the box Dumfuk" on the box?
Had FedEx deliver tires years ago. The " notes" said leave tires on concrete apron next to barn. For the next two years that's where everything ended up. From letters to dishware.
Learning AC...slowly
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 6:02pm
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic