This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eversman TM-2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eversman TM-2
    Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 1:47pm
I'd posted a while back about needing to level some ridges and deadfurrows out of a few fields. I ended up getting an Eversman TM-2 landplane on a consignment auction. The only problem is that I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to hook it up to get the best out of it. It came missing some linkage (I think). Does anyone have any experience with this particular type of plane? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 5:35pm
If you can post some pics, it might jog some of my ever deminishing memory cells...
It's been close to 30 years since I ran one...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:03am
Seems like there was something in center of blade that would catch and release which caused it to scrape and dump dirt in the right spots. Was pretty neat deal....35yrs ago?
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:01pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:05pm
Hard to see in the pictures but there is a piece that pivots that bolts to the same bracket one would think the top link fastens to. However, there is a hole on the blade itself that I think is supposed to lift and pivot as the top link pivots as you drive so the blade is able to float or dig as needed. There is also a piece that is loose and appears to have been broke and rewelded sometime. I can't find any manuals or pictures of one online. Thanks again
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:09pm
Similar to your Adam?  Link here:https://cdn-assets.greatplainsmfg.com/manuals/pdf/smb-l-plane.pdf

~ Orangeman

Edited by orangeman - 02 Dec 2022 at 5:09pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:12pm
Adam, Sorry I can't be of much help, the eversman that I used was a different model, was a pull type, with a real long wheelbase...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 6:52pm
let Google be your friend !!
search " Eversman TM-2 landplane "
6,000+ hits
check out 'images' and there's a youtube of a DA 7085 (?) using one !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:22pm
Thank you for the links and suggestions but I'm not finding one anywhere exactly like mine is. There was a style that has a front and rear set of wheels like the one linked above, then the TM (tractor mounted) like mine, then the 1200,1400,1600,2400 series that are similar but have a hydraulic leveling system. I'm thinking of trying to build something like the more modern ones using the framework I have, but was hoping I could find a reference or picture somewhere. Thank you all again
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 10:39pm
Adam, yours does look like an older version of the 2400 .... and also a competeter was the Holcomb... couple photos may give you ideas for a 3 point lift.... more photos on the  web site..

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listing/auction-results/205360761/eversman-2400-other-tillage-equipment

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Dec 2022 at 10:47pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 10:40pm
https://www.bigiron.com/Lots/HolcombLandPlane

--- again, i dont know why , but when you click on the link above it puts a %20 on the end of the link... go to the link box and backspace to eliminate the %20... then hit enter and you will go to the HOLCOMB Plane photos.

you can click on the photo, then blow up full page and scroll thru them... maybe some ideas for a hitch ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Dec 2022 at 10:43pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 9:24pm
Thanks Steve! I think you are right. I'm going to have to do some modifications one way or another, might be able to make it more like the newer ones while I'm at it. Thanks again
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 8:30pm
I was searching for more information on my land plane again and I found one just like it! It sold cheaper than mine but thankfully they had lots of pictures. Funny that the AC tractors listed on the plate are wd45 and d17. Without 3 point and 14' I'd think would be quite a load for a WD45. Anyways thought you all might like to see what I learned. Thanks againlink to landplane auction. it's lot 78
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic