This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repair parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BroseVino View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroseVino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair parts
    Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 4:53am
Reading your post about repair parts for your farm pickup and the old 180 brought back memories of my own truck woes. I've had my fair share of experiences with spare parts for truck, and I totally get how frustrating it can be with fluctuating prices. It's like trying to hit a moving target! But hey, when you need those parts to keep your trusty old machines running smoothly, price becomes a secondary concern. Quality spare parts are an absolute must, especially for vehicles that have been with us for a while. It's worth investing in reliable components that won't let us down on the road. And hearing about the new kid recoding inventory at the parts house reminds me of the fast-paced world we live in today.

Edited by BroseVino - 02 Aug 2023 at 5:33am
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:25pm
Interstate has a battery factory here in STL, they strictly use recycled materials for the entire battery to cut cost, TWO shops locally will not sell those or Deka.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

DEKA Batteries are not sold around here, poor lifespan.  BIL had two in his truck and farm tractor, could not get 4 years from them.  Got eight from the Carquest in the F250, got almost seven and a half out of 180 last batteries.  Not gonna dwell but get what pay for.    Group 31s from KW for my KW were $140something apiece, could not pass them up.

The ones I bought were Interstate's. Same as the ones I was replacing, they were 11 years old!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:45pm
when I bought my 180D, it had 2 batteries in the space they go, but only one was hooked up. i've been running that tractor on one battery for....bouts 35 plus years. I wonder if the 7010 will be o-k on one battery???
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 12:25pm
Was just pricing Goup 94 batteries for my Jeep - between Sam's Club and Fleet Farm, they range from $129 to $184 on different brands . Suppose to be 6 year but little thing of 2 year free replacement then pro rated . 
 use to be Fleet Farm would pro rate after the free exchange , but would date replacement the day you bought it , now they use the date on the exchange battery instead . So even if it's a new battery the warranty goes back to first purchase .
  Might be time to trade the Jeep as original is 7 years old but only have 38,000 miles on vehicle . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:15am
DEKA Batteries are not sold around here, poor lifespan.  BIL had two in his truck and farm tractor, could not get 4 years from them.  Got eight from the Carquest in the F250, got almost seven and a half out of 180 last batteries.  Not gonna dwell but get what pay for.    Group 31s from KW for my KW were $140something apiece, could not pass them up.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 8:04am
Had to put batteries in the 185 last month. $140 apiece, they had them at the junkyard, 7 miles from the farm. Was glad to get them on short notice. Changed them out and made it to the plow-day right on time!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 7:04am
Maybe you need to look somewhere else for parts. I just brought 3 group 31, 1130 CAA, 6 year DEKA batteries for my Astro road tractor for $98 each. I've had excellent lifespans with Deka batteries and always get more time than the expected life from them. The key to great battery life is; A charging system in proper working order.  I found an alternator, 25SI 75Amp, J180 mount for $230 New not rebuilt, with free shipping. I've nearly found that many of the local places (except the the Battery place and the local heavy truck parts place) are a waste of time, as the Dip$hits on the counter hardly even know what your asking for. Most often when you hear them talking amongst themselves it's only about videogames. I'd like to do business with local places, however they make it nearly impossible with the poor customer service places have and little to no useful inventory. On top of that they want to charge you extra for a part coming from their warehouse. 

Edited by PaulB - 25 Nov 2022 at 4:38pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:55am
I had to buy some 4” stove pipe caps last week for a project at work. They were $17.25 each.
In the next bin over we’re 5” stove pipe caps. They were marked $3.95
I pointed it out to the guy at the supply store. He reminded me that they sell a lot of 4” but very little 5”
The 5” was old stock and the 3” was new stock.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:23am
Well had my day with repair parts for the Farm Pickup and my old 180, Batteries gave up this summer on the 180, two group 31 12v got them locally for $167 EACH with a fuel and oil filter for just at $350, my pickup batteries gave out this last week, two 65-2 Ford Style for the old 7.3, with a Fuel Filter, a Air Filter and a coolant temperature sender $500.  In speaking to the guys at the parts house, they have to price everything by the day now.  NO early pricing as the prices change up every day.  While picking my stuff up the guy behind the counter was called by someone else looking for a estimate, Could NOT give him one, explained what is going on and that prices change up so fast they have to resort to exaggerating end price before parts arrive.  Muffler I had to order showed at $157 and he explained when ordered will likely be higher, arrived at $183, clamps were a dollar and change higher than the estimate.  They know I do not care on price, need the damn parts to keep the old stuff running.  While we were talking there was a new kid recoding inventory on the shelves, they are not charged for materials until sell them like a consignment broker where everything on the floor is constantly in price flux.  They have removed all price stickers on the shelves as it changes so fast, have a barcode scanner can check today's price with, bad as Wally World.

Edited by DMiller - 25 Nov 2022 at 6:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic