This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Down shifting when you step in the clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Down shifting when you step in the clutch
    Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:29pm
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when a powershift transmission on an Allis 7060 should downshift to 4th gear from 5th or 6th gear?

Is it when you first get to the inching spool zone when pressing in the clutch pedal, or when it's close to being fully depressed on the floor?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:37pm
If the linkage is properly adjusted, it will hit 4th gear just BEFORE you get into the brake zone. When you depress the pedal to the floor, the lever will wiggle a little as it is trying to go farther than 4th but it cannot.
tthams View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 8:31pm
Thank you. I was wondering if something was off in the transmission. In gears 1-3 the tractors starts coasting to a stop when I hit the inching zone and start to apply the brakes.

In gears 4-6 I have to almost get to the brake zone before it downshifts, and I can stop the tractor with a gradual pressing of the brakes.

But it sounds like it's normal in that range to do that.

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 8:45pm
Swing battery box out and look at valve body. There is a cam on linkage that pushes on lever out of valve. That is what moves it back to 4th.                    MACK
Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:38am
I push my pedal down a little and drops to fifth push a little further and drops to fourth. Handy and it's that way to keep you from ruining fifth and sixth.
'59 D14 '68 170 Diesel '81 7020 40 All Crop
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 8:18am
That kick-down feature had to be there !!   Disconnect it sometime and you'll soon find out the tractor will not stop when the inching pedal is depressed when in 5th or 6th !!!
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm
Also it is nice because when you come up to a stop sign and clutch it will go back so you won’t burn the clutch out...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic