This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD9B TO THE ALLIS CHALMERS COLLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD9B TO THE ALLIS CHALMERS COLLECTION
    Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 10:37am
Ok.....very exciting for us...the final piece to finish the dozer collection of ACs...models made 1950-54...with Detroit's...logging tractors. We had one of these in the 1960s early 70s...that we actually sent down the road....it was real tired...yes of course about 10 years later we were looking for another one.
  We located this near Salem,Or....via craigslist. It had been in John Beitel's family since the early 1960s.  His father and uncles acquired it for logging on there property. John remembers it being very dependable for many years. One of the steering clutches eventually went bad and it got parked. John remembers that he didn't want to work on it...couldn't find any body to work on it. They ended up with a rubber tired skidder...and eventually a International TD15 dozer for there use.  So this is the picture back in May...when we started corresponding with John.
Ok..no problem. John thought it had been sitting for 15 years or more....thought he could push it on with his skidder or dozer.
  So we ask great/grand nephew Willie Miner if he could go get it. His choice was to pick it up on the 26th of Aug for display with his truck at the Brooks Truck Show...Brooks Or.   John agreed to that.
  So last year at this time Willie had attempted a trip to the truck show with the Core HD5...If you didn't see it or don't remember ...it's here.    https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/hd5-goes-to-brooks-truck-show_topic182818.html.
  So last week I contacted John to ask him to make sure the tractor would roll...knowing that they have a tendency to have stuck brake bands.....and yes they were stuck....he managed to get them loose the night before Wille got there.
So he got one to the truck show on his A model Kenworth...and now it's home where it belongs.
Got some  you tube of that.
Have not seen an arch mounted like this one before....but pretty nice job.
Lots of work to do.....it will be a slow process.

Edited by AC Mel - 31 Aug 2022 at 12:53pm
Sponsored Links

Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:01am
I like the access cover they added; I assume to protect the fuel tank shutoff valve.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:18am
Hey Mel.  Good looking specimen.   Live front CCU and blade, assuming GarWood? but doesnt look quite right.  Buckeye maby?  dont have my book with me.  What about that arch?  never seen one like that before.

Edited by CAL(KS) - 31 Aug 2022 at 11:22am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:59am
Lee...not sure about the inspection hole...it shouldn't access the fuel...but I'm curious.
   Joel...all CARCO ....unit...blade...winch

I see the links aren't working...have to work on that
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:08pm
A lot of homemade intgral arches. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic