This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 220 injection pump for pulling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agcosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 220 injection pump for pulling
    Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 8:35pm
I have an Allis 220 i’m trying to make into a puller for an out of field class. Should I stick with the stanadyne or upgrade injection pumps? What other injection pumps would work somewhat easily? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 7:02am
You can get alot of fuel thru your pump , 450 head etc- alot go by the rules , some want stock appearing- an A or P  pump would be more reliable, 220,S are heavy, an ole D21 is funner to play with 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 7:36am
The injection pump you should use should equal your best competition, wouldn't you think ??   So, as an easy example, a 1066/1466 will easily make 250 HP just by turning up the pump in-chassis. An 8050 A-C will do the same. A 220 will not, without $$$$$$ being spent on the existing pump and injectors, and then you may not be able to farm with it, if needed. What are the "rules" for where you want to compete ?? A speed limit ?? or run-what-you-brung ??
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

What are the "rules" for where you want to compete ?? A speed limit ?? or run-what-you-brung ??
REAL Pulling doesn't have speed limits Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 4:07pm
out of field classes will likely require stock appearing fuel system. Real farm classes do need speed limits or else you end up with some guys running 25mph in a farm class. Out of field should be about 8mph. I really like 12 mph for farm pulling, but the 210 too hot runs 24-25 mph also a fun ride. lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 6:15pm
Stock appearing fuel system on a 220 that had an ALLIS replacement engine, would be an 8000 series engine and have an AmBach pump like the 1066's do. And that would still be considered farm stock as it is an OEM replacement engine assembly.
Agcosucks View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agcosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:50pm
I’m pulling in the out of field 8 and 12 mph class. The rules say “stock appearing” but screw the rules! I’ll paint everything orange and say it’s pretty well stock. If they don’t let me pull oh well£No one really inspects the hell out of your tractor unless its something completely ridiculous. I’m thinking about just getting the roosa master built with 450 heads, but I have a p7100 laying around in the shop. How hard would that be to swap onto the tractor? I pretty well want as much HP as the rest of the tractor will handle. (Planning on putting a clutch in this winter) Would a 7000 or 8000 series engine bolt up? I’m trying not to get my ass whopped next year.
Agcosucks View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agcosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:51pm
Also i’m pulling against guys with built p3000’s and such
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 6:13am
The only farm tractor that ever had a "P" pump OEM from the factory was a 6030 Deere. So, how many of those are there to pull against ??
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:14am
They only start complaining and inspecting you when you are beating them all the time.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:14am
A P7100 would be a lot of work to get mounted, and will guarantee you get kicked out of any "out of field" classes. Just because you have it doesn't mean it would be a good pump for it either. Most likely it's off a truck, and they have the wrong style gov. The Roosa 450 heads are on backorder still. P pumps were used on 4840's, 4850's as well. A stock P pump still would need to be built up to make it usable for a puller. Just because it's big doesn't mean it pumps a lot of fuel in stock form, but they have huge potential. Most lower performance classes will not allow p pumps because of this potential. The ones you think are P3000's may be MW pumps. Many, many people make that mistake. Your P7100 may not even be what you think it is. Good luck with the project! There's a lot of time spent in these projects, which is why I'm no longer doing them. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic