This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playing with tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing with tires
    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 9:36pm
Played like Eldon in the heat today . Back tire on my D-17 series 1 disinigrated while mowing with it . Weatherchecked and knew it needed replaced. Called all the old time tire guys who used to come out and replace them on the tractor,,, well nobody wants to mess with one old tractor tire .Bring it in and we'll mount it for you. What about getting it off the rim ? Oh we don't do that anymore. The outside bead almost fell off . The inside bead not so much. Sawzall and angle grinder got that one off . Luckily no fluid in this tractor or I wouldn't even try . Like the guy in Blair says pffft!!!
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Sponsored Links

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:11pm
I've used a sawzall and cold chisel on some.  Found a manual bead breaker on marketplace and have used it once already.  Got a couple more to do but unlike you, I can wait till cooler weather.
Maximum use of available resources!
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:26pm
Pat I hope you put a new tube in it. I totally hated it when the tractor owner said NA use the old tubes.   A lot of time I had to go back and replace tubes.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 9:59am
Pat, it's funny you mentioned Eldon.  Haven't seen him post anything in a long time.
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 10:32am
Eldon has been on Facebook selling a lot of his stuff unless there is someone else there using the same name.

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic