This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

car hauling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: car hauling
    Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:59pm
Anyone on here haul cars, need car 69 Bonneville convertible picked up in Colo and delivered to Ky. Want someone licensed and insured. Any suggestions or experiences with any of the major companies? Thanks
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:03am
Get yourself a "Hemmings Motor News" Magazine, it will have have plenty of car haulers listed that meet your requirements. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 8:36am

WOW,,,a 69 Poncho,,and a Ragtop for good measure,,,!!  Does it have the 389 with the three twos,,or the 421 with the two fours,,,,,,,you a lucky man!!!!Clap
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 9:09am
My only experience was shipping my daughter's truck to her at her first duty station when she was in the army.  Shipped from Cincy to El Paso TX. That was in 2005, so no recent experience.  
Used a company called Dependable Auto Shippers.   https://dascarshippers.com/  ;
They did a good job.  It was just on a traditional car carrier, not an enclosed trailer.   
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 10:55am
Familiar with a onetime experience moving a vehicle from Bozeman, MT to Dallas TX.  The company is called Roadrunner which I think is a booking/broker type operation.  Anyway, not enclosed and was a 5th wheel flat bed.  Move was fine.
cowkicker View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

WOW,,,a 69 Poncho,,and a Ragtop for good measure,,,!!  Does it have the 389 with the three twos,,or the 421 with the two fours,,,,,,,you a lucky man!!!!Clap
Don't know, BIL passed away and my sister is moving back to ky and wants to ship it. Very nice car, they bought it new,  beautiful, all original, still have window sticker.   They paid $5575.50, she still has receipt. Hasn't run in 8 years.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 1:09pm
right now the shipping cost are more than CRAZY ! 
With diesel over $5.00 costs have gone up to where you might be able to do it yourself cheaper . Just took 2 snow plows and delivered for my son - 1 to Indiana other to Ohio and brought back a Motorcycle for him . 
 Shipper wanted $600 for each for the plows and quote on shipper from Ohio to here wanted $900 to ship bike  . I did the trip for him and made the $1200 as cycle was 40 miles from last delivery . My gas costs I still have not figured in but figure I came out with $500 or so for my 3 days 
  Fly out , rent a U-Haul and drive back might be less , and could haul some of her things in tow vehicle 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 08 Jun 2022 at 1:13pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 1:12pm
There is a guy that goes by (on the road again) that post on here i don't know anything about him but he's trailer is enclosed.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:24pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 7:09pm
Google shipping/ hauling cars- theres a load board its like a bidding deal - had a 70 Roadrunner hauled from Washington state - to Mo 35 hour trip, foreign driver and a dang good worker, enclosed car hauler , last year $1250 - they lost money on that deal , but I tipped the driver good !  

Edited by DougG - 08 Jun 2022 at 7:10pm
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 9:32pm
Yea,freight rates are prolly adjusted daily, don't expect to find anything less than $5.00/loaded mile..our cattle haulin is $5.50-6.00,kinda depends on fuel cost....
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 11:00am
Originally posted by cowkicker cowkicker wrote:

Hasn't run in 8 years.

I would let the transport company know this. Drive on the trailer =$$, loading a “roller” =$$$$, loading a “non-roller” (flat tires,etc…) =$$$$$$$. They might even refuse to pick it up if it doesn’t move under its own power.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 11:38am
I had to help a landlord find a place for his cousins cars to get safely unloaded after 3 inch rain over night. They came out of a family barn in Iowa to California. They where early 1950's with tires that held air from barn to barn. The trucker mostly hauled cars, or maybe only cars on a open trailer with room for 3. Had his winch hook points for loading and unloading nothing to it with his winch. But it was his living so I am sure you payed for the service.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic