This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken Wrist Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Wrist Anyone?
    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:32am
Busted my ass on the wet slick floor at work last Tuesday and caught myself with my left arm. Aside from the humiliation of the old guy hitting the floor I knew then it was more than that. Swelling at the pain site that wasn't going away and pain moving my fingers.
Told the powers at be what happened and I have a witness.

Put my tools up and went to urgent care and sure enough I broke it. Got a brace then and got a cast on Friday. In work comp hands and haven't paid for anything. Kansas work comp really sucks so I will see how the rest of this plays out. Having a cast really sucks too. I'm left handed anyway my left hand is my retarded assistant now and my right hand is not to bright either.

Going to be off work for awhile, a lot of stuff needs done and don't know if I can do much of it. I think I can mow if I can get it fueled up and hope nothing goes wrong.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:38am
That's a drag! Get well soon.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 8:40am
Iā€™m sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
That stinks. šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:34am
God speed your healing!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:56am
Yep, the greatest consequence of any fall, is a broken hand, wrist, arm, or shoulder, simply because our first instinct is to use them to fend off a fall. 

Prayers for swift recovery...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:09am

WELL, CHIT FIRE,!!!   Fixer!!  Dang, I was wondering WHY my hand was hurting last friday,,,,Dang, I feel for you, Buddy. Well,,you got to put ole Fixer in first place on what ever you try to do,,,but my idee on you is you gonna do what you wanna do regardless of a little ole broken hand,,,,ain't you,,,??  But,,,,But,,,just think of all them Honey Do's you'll prolly get done now that you do got time to work on em,,,,,,UMMMM,,,Sorry,,didn;t mean no harm there that might of NOT come out the way I intended,,,,LOLLOL
 You take care of yourself and keep us posted,,OH,,are the Crappie biting any where close,,??ClapClap
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:41am
Ouch! feel for ye.
Fixer, fix it so you will heal up quick.
 Knew a fellow that broke both wrists at the same time. Had to have help for the first couple weeks for everything. but then he decided that maybe he wouldn't sit around and started doing the small things against the doc's advice and his wrists had mended much faster than the doc thought they would.
 Good luck on getting mended.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
Sorry to hear this . Hope you heal quickly .
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:32pm
awe mannnnn! that does suck! how long you gotta be in that cast? shhhhhhhhh....don'y tell yer Doc this....but a slight little bit of.....oh....i better not say...i'll gits yelled at on here! well i sure hope that Doc gave you sum good pain killers, cuz you'll be needing them as active as you are! get healed up soon, and you know we'll be here to hold you up if you need it!  
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 2:40pm
Appreciate the good thoughts.
I don't plan on sitting around too much.
The edge is starting come off compared to the day after I broke it.
Got a few things up my sleeve. 
They are going to check in a couple of weeks to see how it's progressing
and that will determine a lot of things.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:55pm
MAN Oh MAN!!!  Makes all my mended broken stuff stand up for counting!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:38am
Dang fixer!  Hope you recover quickly and completely.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 2:29pm
  Prayers for speedy healing  

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:44pm
hope your on the mend,  my beloved tripped in the dog pen feeding snickers and broke her shoulder about three weeks ago she is still black and blue on one side but she is coming along
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
you will go broke if you rely on workers comp 
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 5:47am
I'm well aware of that. I could try gigoloing but would probably be even broker.
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 8:28am
  I pray you have a quick recovery.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:37am
Took about 2 to 3 weeks before work comp came through when I had hernia pop out on me . Then they paid for almost 2 months and during that time the trucking company picked up my health insurance costs for the family coverage also .
  Guess working them 70 hour weeks the months before sure made a difference in what they paid out . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:44am
Got to go back to work Monday. YeeHaw pffft.
Getting to like this staying at home stuff.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:53am
As I sit at home back in Retirement, Cannot blame to enjoy NOT working but miss the larger paydays.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 8:24am
Yeah...It's always a money issue.
Couple of more years for me and I can say I'm done.
Be about 45 years of the same chit. Should be enough I would think.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic