This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For you John Wayne fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For you John Wayne fans
    Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:27pm
I had to go to the Dr today. Got into town way early so I walked over to the Improved John Wayne museum. I saw posters of movies I have never heard of. I saw his custom car. Several of the fire arms he used in his movie career. There is a well worn saddle in there and enough souvenirs to fill a van. If any of you guys are Duke fans and find yourself close I think is worth worth your time. The house he was born in is just behind it.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:49pm
Somewhere near Winterset?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:32am
a dude i know here just sold all his "Duke" stuff, had a basement full. i gots sum John Wayne cast iron cooking stuff...it does o-k.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:56am
I need to see this someday. Like his movies, have a cousin that lives in Winterset, and not that far away.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 8:24am
I have many old JW movies on DVD, had a number on VHS but machine is not so good anymore and replaced with the DVDs.  Slowly losing the good movies to time and Cable or Satellite systems.  Have a JW Bust bottle of Bourbon bottled in KY by the Mike Wayne Distillery, LONG ago lost to history.  Current owner of the Name of the Distillery is not a Distiller.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 8:37pm
1 block south of the courthouse square. Right on John Wayne Drive.
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 9:06am
For anyone that gets close to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area there is a John Wayne Museum in the Ft. Worth stockyards area.  Have not been there but see ads with his son promoting the place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic