This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fluke 25 Multimeter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fluke 25 Multimeter
    Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:25pm

Well,,something has happened with my Fluke 25 Multimeter. I was given this quality meter as a Retirement gift from the I&E group at work UMmm,,, few years ago,,,Wink
 The A/C and D/C sections seem to still work but what I use the most is the continuity and the Ohm features as it has a really good Ohm readings.
 I use the Continuity part for the "BEEP" to check wiring and the Beep is now barely audible,,,,? I changed the 9 volt battery  to a name brand but no difference.
 Does anyone know if the beep is from a tiny speaker with maybe some gookies on it or the the beep come from elsewhere,,??

Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,something has happened with my Fluke 25 Multimeter. I was given this quality meter as a Retirement gift from the I&E group at work UMmm,,, few years ago,,,Wink
 The A/C and D/C sections seem to still work but what I use the most is the continuity and the Ohm features as it has a really good Ohm readings.
 I use the Continuity part for the "BEEP" to check wiring and the Beep is now barely audible,,,,? I changed the 9 volt battery  to a name brand but no difference.
 Does anyone know if the beep is from a tiny speaker with maybe some gookies on it or the the beep come from elsewhere,,??

CHIT,,,,,,

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:46pm
check the FUSE under the battery... Read this on how to test for OHMS...

https://xdevs.com/doc/Fluke/FLUKE%2025%20Operations%20Manual.pdf

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:46pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:51pm
Some fluke meters are lifetime guaranteed. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by JC-WI JC-WI wrote:

Some fluke meters are lifetime guaranteed. 

You know, JC,,I believe that is what one of the I&E guys told me now that you mentioned it,,,,!!!! I'ma gonna contact Fluke Inc on monday
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:06pm
 Hey Steve,,I keep getting a blank page with  "404 NOT FOUND",,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

check the FUSE under the battery... Read this on how to test for OHMS...

https://xdevs.com/doc/Fluke/FLUKE%2025%20Operations%20Manual.pdf

Many Thanks Steve,,,Ima gonna check them fuses in the Am,,,,,Clap
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 9:46am
The beeper is a piezo disk, it'll either be brass or silver. They can get deformed if someone/thing actually physically bends them, were you in the case levering on anything, or could something have gotten in the case and covered it?

You'll find piezo disks everywhere, you can buy 'em at RadioShack, their used for Cigar Box guitars, the little window alarms you can buy at the Dollar Tree have them.

Fluke have (or had) a flat fee repair, they'll basically drop a new board in your unit, or replace it entirely.
1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:11pm
 Good luck on your meter Joe...
My old Fluke 87 isn't working right anymore, Wonder if they will fix this one or ??? only about 40 years old, hasn't worked right in about ten years now. Sure was a sensitive meter.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:48pm
UUUH Joe, guess you wouldn't want to her about them throw away ones from HF.  LOL
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:54pm
Joe, none of the beepers worked on my meters until a month ago when I got my hearing aids!
Maximum use of available resources!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:15am
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Joe, none of the beepers worked on my meters until a month ago when I got my hearing aids!

Well,,,JW,,,actually I was leaving a response like that one to a fellar that lives along the Big river close to Blair,,,,,,LOLLOLLOL
  ALTHO,,,I been gettin pretty good bout holding the meter on my left shoulder close to my "Good" ear,,,,,LOLLOL
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 4:58pm
Must be an epidemic! Started having water well pump problems, couple days ago. got my trusty Fluke 87III and went to trouble shooting.......but nothing is making sense. Long story short, my fluke was lying to me! 
Water issues eventually turned out to be broke wire about half way down the well.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:19am
shucks Joe....all ya gots to do is drank a little water and puts your tongue on the wires you wanna check...most of the times you won't need a "beep" to lets you know!
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 8:16am
Originally posted by JC-WI JC-WI wrote:

Good luck on your meter Joe...
My old Fluke 87 isn't working right anymore, Wonder if they will fix this one or ??? only about 40 years old, hasn't worked right in about ten years now. Sure was a sensitive meter.

I imagine they would, whats wrong with it?
1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

shucks Joe....all ya gots to do is drank a little water and puts your tongue on the wires you wanna check...most of the times you won't need a "beep" to lets you know!

Wink Good thing you don't have anymore "friends" that are so helpful.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic