This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD21p Dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tractormech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD21p Dozer
    Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:16pm
Hello all-Would anyone here happen to have any service or operator manuals for this 1965 HD21P dozer? I'm having trouble finding if there's a different place to put oil in the tractor for the steering clutch/brake pump. I think there's somewhere else to fill that part of the tractor and I'm sort of stuck. I have a service manual but the section for the steering clutches isn't in it-just gone. If anyone has any knowledge or books I could see I'd be grateful. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:53am
The filler pipe is near the oil level gauge for transmission
Tractormech View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tractormech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 3:09pm
I found and filled the transmission easily enough there beside the dipstick. I'm slightly over full now according to the dipstick. I drained the oil at the transmission plug and at the steering clutch housings. You know those housings hold trapped oil for the clutches. This tractor has wet clutches. Anyway, it's full and the transmission works but no clutches  or brakes. I blew air from the steering pump suction filter at the front of the tractor and You just hear air immediately coming out of the vent at the rear of the tractor. No bubbling like it's pushing through oil. I feel there's not oil available for the steering pump to pick up, which has me wondering if I need to fill the steering clutch housings separate from the transmission.  There's a couple of pipe plugs on  the rear of the tractor-one above the other where the steering clutches go. I don't have any info on it at all and I don't want to mess anything up. Appreciate any help. 
Tractormech View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tractormech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 3:12pm
I would think filling the transmission up that it would run into the clutch housings automatically-that would be logical but it may not be so with this machine. 
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:08pm
The transmission and torque  oil should be separate with  bevel gear and stering cluch compartment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic