This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2800 turbo line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2800 turbo line
    Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:48am
When installing a turbo on a 2800 non turbo engine, where do you hook the oil line going to the turbo?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:28pm
All the way along the right side of the engine block is the main oil galley. It has the oil pressure idiot light sender attached to it. There should be a plug or two to tap into all along the block. Bigger hole the better. Have you got the turbo drain line plumbed ??

Edited by DrAllis - 26 May 2022 at 6:28pm
ACmutt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:01am
Thanks Dr. There are 2 places, one has the light, both are small. There is a plug at the bottom of the engine block, right side right under them. I haven’t taken it out yet but though I could use that for the return? Don’t know if I can get it out, where do you suggest I go with the return??

Edited by ACmutt - 27 May 2022 at 5:40pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 2:27pm
That maybe the coolant drain !!!! Ill have to look at some of mine
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:32am
those galley plugs are 1/8 pipe on my 426's and that's where the turbo feed is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic