This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off Color JD 7000 corn planter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Color JD 7000 corn planter
    Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:56am
Have an 8 row JD 7000 corn planter.

Only the (standing behind it) right side of the planter lifts.  This is a 1 hose hydraulic system.  One hose from the tractor goes to a "cylinder" that is supposed to do 3 things.  There's a hose that goes to right side of the planter to lift 2 sets of wheels, a hose that goes to the left side 2 sets of wheels, and a cylinder that extends to shut off the mechanisms drives.  The cylinder extends to shut off the drive, and the right side lifts perfectly fine.  

I've taken the hose completely off where it comes out of that cylinder, and when actuating the remote from the tractor not even a drip of oil comes out of that port.

Anyone mess with one of these before?  I'm heading to the parts page now to see, but looking for advice if anyone has any.
Sponsored Links

steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 9:06am
Might have an air lock in the system. I had a 7000 8 row and Dad and i had to bleed the system every time a hose blew or we put seals in the lift cylinders. Check each cylinder for bleed screws. then cycle the planter up and down until it lifts even.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:56am
I would be talking to a Deere mechanic....
critter View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:56am
On the front end of the big cylinder there is a 2-piece collar held together with hose clamps (at least ours has hose clamps). Take the clamps and collar off then raise the planter and hold in raise position until both sides are up.  May have to raise it more than once to get them even again.  Put the collar back on and your good to go again.   
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:08am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

On the front end of the big cylinder there is a 2-piece collar held together with hose clamps (at least ours has hose clamps). Take the clamps and collar off then raise the planter and hold in raise position until both sides are up.  May have to raise it more than once to get them even again.  Put the collar back on and your good to go again.   

Critter, you got it.  Also had to bleed off the wheel slave cylinders to get the air out.  All pretty simple once you know, but dang, you gotta know, ya know?!LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:11am
On a side note, when I finished the field last night, I noticed BOTH of the marker retainers are broken.  The "long side" that is suppose to act like a cushion/ spring is broken off.  The short side to clamp for transport is still there.  Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe everything is lifting higher than before, and the cables were pulling the markers up tighter than they were??  Or something???  Not a huge deal I guess, but strange.  
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:29am
Doesn’t it have that single cylinder inside the frame with that crazy side to side dog? Or I guess maybe that was only used on the 3 point ones I was around.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:53am
Yes, but the actuator still pulls on a cable, and that stuff is adjustable for pull.  
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:05pm
are the lift cyl's 2-way? if you want, could take one hose off the down pressure side and put an air breather plug in there. they will also tell you when you have a leaky seal. (just a suggestion)
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

are the lift cyl's 2-way? if you want, could take one hose off the down pressure side and put an air breather plug in there. they will also tell you when you have a leaky seal. (just a suggestion)

Thanks. No, they are single acting and have a little breather on the top. It works great and was simple to deal with once you know the trick. But thank you!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:32pm
The 7000 Consertil we "had" was a 2 way cylinder mechanism on the frame lift, did you happen to hit a washout to get the markers "slamming" against the stops ?? 
Glad to hear that you got your crop in the dirt though Smile !!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:10am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

The 7000 Consertil we "had" was a 2 way cylinder mechanism on the frame lift, did you happen to hit a washout to get the markers "slamming" against the stops ?? 
Glad to hear that you got your crop in the dirt though Smile !!
Field was baby-butt smooth.  I think I heard one of them snap, heard quite a loud snap on a lift one time.  The other one......IDK, might have heard a snap during the bleeding procedure.  I really don't know either of these for sure.  But I plant at recommended speeds, and turn slow, and the field was very smooth.  

Still got a lot of soybeans to put in, and the weather S U C K S.

Edited by Tbone95 - 27 May 2022 at 7:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic