This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lingering effects of Covid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 4:40pm
Know of all too many received the shots, Died or had the shots and got Covid, Died anyway.  The Shot is NOT and NEVER BEEN a Guarantee to survive.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 4:50pm
NOTHING in life is guaranteed..... But 1 MILLION DIED  of COVID and 95% did not get the shot..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 6:28pm
Enduring a recent found Covid Leftover, Allergies I never had in Spades.  Mold numbers go up I hack as if smoking in a forest fire or wood smoker, Pollen rises and I am overwhelmed with Snot drainage with heavier hacking, Doc is considering a shot to decrease sensitivity but is also considering WHY prior to doing that, have had MINOR allergy reactions, but not to this level and the Doc is fairly certain my cause is Covid..  

I could end up stuck INSIDE in Air Conditioning to limit the symptoms unable to work exterior projects.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 4:50am
I’m revisiting this as I’m now recovering myself.
So weeks ago I started feeling bad at work. I sat in my truck to eat lunch. My back was killing me and I was freezing.
I laid over in the seat and fell asleep. The rest of the day was rough.
I was working alone fortunately because Thursday was even worse. Thursday night after work I went to bed at 5:00 pm and slept til morning. I was under a pile of blankets and wife out of town fortunately.
On Friday I was having some kidney problems and blood in urine.
Jenny said I needed to go to the dr.
They did blood test and checkup.
Kidneys and liver function were fine. They then recommended a Covid test.
I tested positive.
I was kept from work Monday and Tuesday. I was required a mask around people until the 18th.
I’m now mask free.
I still cough up flim on occasion but other than that no symptoms except very tired and very easily winded.
I never lost taste or smell that I know of.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 6:56am
Your current symptoms are what I went through at its peak when I had it. Lost taste and smell for several weeks. Affects people differently for sure. After 8 months canteloupe and Mountain Dew don't taste the same. Step son and his wife have it for a second time and they have been vaxed
Hope you get to feeling better soon

Edited by plummerscarin - 19 Jun 2022 at 6:58am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 7:08am
Know several fully Vaxxed and Boostered that are now Positive Covid, are treating it like a Flu, masked and go do daily errands just avoid personal contact and distance from others.  ALL Seven I am friends with received their booster shot, less then two weeks and had contracted the virus.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 7:26am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Know several fully Vaxxed and Boostered that are now Positive Covid, are treating it like a Flu, masked and go do daily errands just avoid personal contact and distance from others.  ALL Seven I am friends with received their booster shot, less then two weeks and had contracted the virus.

I’m also shots and booster.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
The latest two that I know to get Covid, this is their 2 nd case of it. Both are sicker this time than last year when they got it. So that whole herd immunity thing ain’t so great either. One I know hasn’t had any of the shots, the other I don’t know his status of shots.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 12:03pm
Had bad flu a couple times the past year and half, very unusual for me. Had the classic ‘convid’ symptoms of splitting headache, no appetite, zero energy, sleep for two days straight. Taking extra vitamins and minerals helped recovery. Never lost sense of smell or taste tho. No jab of any kind. Will not do it. Too many predictions of significantly shortened life spans for jab recipients. Besides that, life insurance companies are beginning to refuse pay out if customer got jabbed? Anybody else been hearing/reading about that?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 8:05pm
Besides that, life insurance companies are beginning to refuse pay out if customer got jabbed? Anybody else been hearing/reading about that?

I would say that is BS..... What would they base that on ??

Son knows a few people that had COVID a year ago...Now have heart problems, diabetes, or other..... Doctors say that COVID did not CAUSE they disease, but they had some PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS that many did not know, and the  COVID brought that to the SURFACE due to changed IMMUNE system..

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Jun 2022 at 8:08pm
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:03pm
since having it march 2020, i have been directly exposed to my children who had it and I cared for them.  Did  not get sick, tested positive for antibodies afterwards at my hospital.  no shots for me.  natural immunity is real.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:14pm
After two doses I got the crap, Doc now states no need for boosters as are 60% LESS effective than getting the bug. Jury is still out by pediatricians and GPs as to inoculating (is NOT a Vaccine just named as one). Children have far fewer after effects of the virus having few symptoms and nothing as to debilitating symptoms in more than 1% of children testing positive.

Edited by DMiller - 20 Jun 2022 at 4:33pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

since having it march 2020, i have been directly exposed to my children who had it and I cared for them.  Did  not get sick, tested positive for antibodies afterwards at my hospital.  no shots for me.  natural immunity is real.
Real, sure.  For some, for a while.  Not foolproof either though.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:53pm
YEP... if you get the CRUD and you'r NOT one of the 1 MILLION WHO DIED... or you'r NOT one of the 20% that have LONG TERM COVID SYMPTOMS... then the Natural Immunity is a GOOD THING !!  Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 8:09pm

Well Shoot, Thad,,I'm hopin and praying for you to get lots better and soon too,,!! Pay attention to what Ms Jenn tells you,,,you hear,,!!
Well. I got the dang covid last fall and there was NO DOUBT I had it as it really knocked my d***in the dirt,,, My Son had to take me to the ER at 1 Am. I had been taking the Flu vaccine for many years because Company I worked for insisted on it, and I had taken the J&J on recommend of my Brother, an MD in Milwaukee. When the ER Doctor came into room, I told him I wanted the Monoclonal Antibodies along with an RX for Ivermectin. He studied me for bout 5mins and I told him if they did not have the M.A. then I would go elsewhere to get them . He stared at me for another 3 mins and left the room! Nurse came back and told me to come back in the Am and they would administer the Monoclonal Antibody infusion. At that time, NM was not allowing the Ivermectin so,,I got em elsewhere,,,,,
 You cannot believe how quick that regimen worked as I was back to old self in 3 days!!I had also been taking some vitamins my brother had recommended ,,which I'm sure also helped.
 I never lost my sense of smell or taste but my post issues are Running out of gas by 11Am and those DANG dizzy spells, which I NEVER used to get,!!
 I think it is just TERRIBLE that there are so Many special interest groups thaat  cloud the real facts to where a person does not know WHAT to believe,,,,and I also believe that we will prolly not ever know the whole truth about the thing,,,,,,,
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 7:00am
I too got the monoclonal antibodies, I think 3 days after I got sick.  I immediately quit going "downhill", and about 3 more days and I was feeling almost back to normal.  At that time, the protocol was I had to stay out of work for a while yet.  Went to the farm and worked on stuff.  Kept my distance from my elderly parents to be safe.  Other than not quite having stamina and enough wind, I got a lot of stuff worked on around the farm for that time of year (first week of April).  No ivermectin for me, but not against it.

It's so hard because there's so much conflicting information.  Knowledgeable trusted very smart people, it you know 3 people like that, you're going to hear 2 sides.  Case in point, Joe's brother said take the J&J shot, my wife a CCU nurse who's been caring for Covid patients since the outset said to stay away from  J&J because of the blood clot issue.

Add to that every Tom Dick and Harry with their BASELESS or HEAVILY FILTERED BIASED opinions, and you'll drive yourself crazy.  People so dang set on arguing and having to be right, if you say one little thing contrary to their opinion, rather than think for a minute if your point has any merit, they blast you, even though you may agree on more than you disagree.  People can't have levels of mixed belief, gotta be all or nothing it seems.  I hate  that.  
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:56pm
Trying to rationalize currently Covid that had been COMPLETELY missing from our little hamlet along with other small towns here is making itself known again.  People are not Sick, not going to Hospital, just on some decision by employers are being Screened again.  LARGE Number of Positive Tests coming out, yet those tested had ZERO Symptoms or Negligible Symptoms as the Allergy Season is on here.

Tests kits have been questioned as are directed to Home Quarantine at least four days before return to work.  Masks are AGAIN Required for at least a week beyond that.

Beginning to sense a Dirty Diaper is leaking.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Jun 2022 at 3:57pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Trying to rationalize currently Covid that had been COMPLETELY missing from our little hamlet along with other small towns here is making itself known again.  People are not Sick, not going to Hospital, just on some decision by employers are being Screened again.  LARGE Number of Positive Tests coming out, yet those tested had ZERO Symptoms or Negligible Symptoms as the Allergy Season is on here.

Tests kits have been questioned as are directed to Home Quarantine at least four days before return to work.  Masks are AGAIN Required for at least a week beyond that.

Beginning to sense a Dirty Diaper is leaking.

It appears to be making another run here too.
I have a coworker just tested positive today.
News said 48 active in this rural county.
I still don’t really feel well
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 12:25am
I hope you get over this $&%^@* stuff Thad! the stockholders keep getting it, but they can't stay away from heavy populated eateries or bars...but they can't figger out where they keep catching it! I have all the shots so far, cuz my immune system is not much there anymore. oh...and if you think you can't smell...Joe tolt me to go over and fart next to you!  
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:32am
It seems to affect everyone differently.

A "work friend" and her boyfriend, both in their mid 50's and very active, had COVID early on (before any vaccine approval). She was very sick, but in about a month, she was back to about 90% of her former health. He, on the other hand, still has major health issues (severe shortness of breath, lack of strength and stamina, very depressed immune system) over two years later.

Another "work friend", again a mid 50's male and a very strong antivaxxer, who was very healthy, lost his battle with COVID after battling it for about 6 weeks. 

I know other people that have had COVID, some vaccinated and some not, that have had COVID with no lingering problems.

I'm sure there are some, but I personally don't know anyone that had an up to date vaccination, that passed away from COVID.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:34am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Ioh...and if you think you can't smell...Joe tolt me to go over and fart next to you!  

I’ll get that Joe for putting you up to this what I will
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 7:35am
Making another go around here.  4 so far at work.  The latest person to be out with it had it really bad only about 7 months ago.  Wasn't vaxxed then, said he regretted that, but didn't vax now because he figured he'd be good.  I don't know how sick he's feeling.  Reminds me, I should check in on him.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic