This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ac130 has no power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC130Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac130 has no power
    Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 10:39am
When I turn the key my inherited AC130 has no power. Actually happened last Fall, it just shutoff while idling, no power since. No lights, no click, no turnover.  Checked the 20amp fuse, replaced though it looked good.  Pretty sure the batttery's good. Anyone have other ideas?  Former owner had disconnected a bunch of the safety stuff, like the seat thingamajob, but it worked fine right up til the moment it didn't.
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 7:50pm
Check you have good conections - id say its got something to do with the unhooked safety switches, get ya a test light and narrow it down
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 8:06pm
The pto would not work on ours when we pulled it out of the building 2 weeks ago. Did some testing, no power to the pto. Pulled the battery, removed the cover the battery sits on, and that’s where the mouse nest was. Chewed the pto wires in half. Spliced back together and it works fine. Maybe you have a similar situation
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 8:19am

hoping this works.....

it 'should' be the wiring diagram AND show where electrons flow for the various operations.....

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 19 Apr 2022 at 8:21am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 1:15pm
Sounds like either a break in the wires somewhere or possibly a tuckered out ignition switch. I would put a new ignition switch in it anyway if it still has the original in it... HTH
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:04am
Had several solenoids go bad and effect system along with bad ground from battery to frame - which caused solonoid problems . 
 Thinking the battery is good - unless tested and found good - think it's bad 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 12:27am
I'd agree with Steve that the ignition switch would be a good starting point. I have 1 of these AC130s myself and have noticed that mine has an issue too when it sits for any length of time. At first, I had assumed it was the battery which was in it when I first bought the used tractor. Battery tested as good but I replaced it anyway which still didn't help right away. After a little fiddling, I discovered that cycling the ignition switch really fast a few times would finally get it to make contact to power the starter. It has been like this a couple of years now but still working. If I need to start it multiple times in the same day or even 2 days in a row, it works just fine after that 1st start. However, if it sets more than a few days to weeks before the next time I use it, I have to cycle the switch again that first time until it makes contact to start.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:13am
'switch cycling' could be getting rid of the 'lubrication' grease off the 'switching' contacts. seen that PITA with mirror switch on my F150. Tore apart the 'no user repairable parts' switch to find a lot of grease had 'migrated' down onto the contacts. Cleaned them off 15 years ago, fine ever since...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic