This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agco pulling tractor engine ??????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangefor life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 4:58pm
What size nozzle did you use at what mix of water an alc at what pressure or was  it sol vale an let intake suck it in?

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:05pm
I always used a windshield washer tank (with internal pump) from a Ford vehicle. Their system always sprayed steady, while some old GM vehicles pulsated. The goal is absolutely no more than 12 OUNCES flow in 30 seconds time. You can do it with an old carburetor jet, or anything that you can drill out or size to the exact flow. I have also used a simple field sprayer nozzle with a cone or flat fan pattern as there are different sizes of jets. Direct the spray right into the air stream in the air cleaner canister. Nozzle should be above the tank so gravity doesn't let it leak out. This gives some time for the mixture to atomize somewhat before going into the engine. "Polar" brand windshield washer fluid is what we always used around here.  You don't want to turn it on until you are going down the track and where the engine is getting loaded (NOT LUGGED DOWN). As I said I always had a trigger switch on the throttle to trip when the throttle was given the last inch of travel. When completing the pull, you always pull back on the throttle just enough to kill the water/alky injection for a second or two and then slowly take it down to probably 1500-1800 RPM to finish burning anything left drizzling. You CANNOT let the engine lug down or even worse KILL IT !!!!!    If you think she's going down for the count (you were in too fast of gear) pull back on the throttle an inch to shut things OFF !!!!   You are on your own. Maybe start with 8 ounces to test things.  One of the funniest things that happened on my old 220 back in the late 1980's was a night pull at the county fair.  4,000 people in the grandstands. My driver was very capable and he kept easing into the throttle in 6th gear and at about the 180 ft mark the red fire started to come out the exhaust pipe, at 220 feet it was 6 inches tall and at 222 feet the fire disappeared, the front wheels raised up about a foot and out past 300 feet he went !!  I was sitting in the stands with my wife and young kids. Two veteran farmers were sitting in front of me and one said to the other " what just happened there?? I saw fire and then it went away and now he's out past 300 feet in the lead"???

Edited by DrAllis - 05 May 2022 at 6:12pm
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:50pm
That's a good one Doc !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic