This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Past 4 months has not been good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Past 4 months has not been good
    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 12:56am
I was notified my wife's brother in law did not wake up 5 days ago. He had diabetes real bad and would not take care of himself. He got up every morning, went to the kitchen table, she served him breakfast, went to the fast food joint at noon and brought him home a sandwich and fries. This happened every day. He sat at that table all day drinking beer, eating, smoking, and watching TV. He had retired 2 years ago. I was on jury duty and could not go to the funeral. My wife passed away Oct 7th and now him. He had lost a foot due to his disease. Sold his camper and his fishing gear, sorta lost interest in life. You guy get to feeling low, find somebody to talk to. He wouldn't .

Edited by 200Tom1 - 16 Feb 2022 at 12:59am
Sponsored Links

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 1:24am
Tom, I'm sorry to read of your losing both your wife and brother in law.  Some people just give up when something bad happens and others find a way to work through it.  I'm hoping you can move on, remember you have friends you have never met here that can help if only by just talking.  I know I'm not the only one on the forum thinking positive thoughts for you.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 6:03am
Man oh Man do I hate hearing stories as these, happens some here in Little Town USA where everyone knows when happens and sad travels fast.

Prayers up for a Healing Heart there Tom.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 6:09am
I can’t even imagine what your going through right now . My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 6:25am
Prayers for you Tom. It has indeed been a sad, heart-breaking time for you. May the power and majesty of God support you and bring you peace and comfort. 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 6:29am
Tom, so saddened to learn about your wife. Concerning your late wife’s brother in law, without knowing his intimate medical file, chances are very, very, high, his diabetes could have been controlled on his own. Diabetes is actually the number 1 health issue in this country.
I know what you mean by it being a tuff time, just over a year ago, my Father passed away aged 91, just a few months ago, got word, my oldest sister(71) is suffering from brain cancer. Getting old, at times does suck.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 9:22am
stay busy Tom.. You have to DO SOMETHING.. Need a purpose in life, mentally and physically..... Working with your Grandson is a great idea.. Teach him everything you know !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 10:49am
Good advice from Steve.  

Not to sound harsh, but the wife's brother in law seems he made his choices.  Don't do the same!  Be involved, busy, and enjoy the family you have.  Best wishes. 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 2:30pm
  Prayers for your losses and prayers for you to stay busy.

Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 4:46pm
Tom I lost my wife 3 weeks ago, she had diabetes but took very good care of her health, I miss her a lot but have been staying busy and focus on all the good memories, I am so blessed to have had a chance to spend 55 years with Shirley.  I have no plans of giving up, I have enough projects to last me two lifetimes. 
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 9:51pm
Darrell,almost everyday I am in the honey processing shed or delivering stuff here locally or shipping it, or delivering it to all different parts of the state. Still doing markets, keeping very busy. So far its working, I havnt had time to set around. Guy coming to look at the motor home next week. Tomorrow I've gotta deposit today's receipts, deliver honey to one of our biggest customers, I need to stop at Menard's for some plywood while I am close. Federal government inspectors told me to replaced faucets in the kitchen where we make products. They can't have knobs on them, they gotta have levers to them to turn the water off and on. Almost don't have time to take a nap. Ya I got plenty to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic