This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wife knows she has a problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wife knows she has a problem
    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 6:36am
I tested Positive COVID, so as the snows came last week I worked on my project, wife claimed Fatigued, had a Temperature, throat sore etc etc etc, could only muster energy enough to laze in front of TV.  Told her call the Doc office and get tested, she balked for a day then did so.  Well that was Friday.

Yesterday I went back to work(Past the considered Contagious time) got sent home as too sloppy and may today as well.  Had to prompt wife to check on her test three times where as she did, hers is Negative just like the Rapid test she tried when I got my PCR test.  She now is VERY noticeably QUIET as to feeling bad, went to work this morning and no mentions of any debilitations.

Looking for easy attention and relaxation of daily duties, trying the school child 'My Tummy hurts' excuse is failing her and she by expressions knows it now.  She did not notice I saw the Shrink appointment date she had hidden behind some papers on the counter top, set that yesterday afternoon best can tell.  Suspect she now feels remorse for being psychosomatic of any little thing that is really only in her head and looking to figure out the Why.
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:45am
The first step to correction of any problem is the realization there is a problem. Whether systemic, or one off in nature, it is much easier to address at that point. However some things just cannot be talked about openly with those close and require outside confidence.

Not a fan of therapy as always half a bubble off level myself, but have been through similar with my wife when raising teenagers and the headaches/heartaches they generate during those years. This along with the high stress environment a corporate paycheck requires.

She actually has another serious problem which is strictly of mental nature in that she married it 44 years ago and it ain't went away yet.....

I had Covid back in April along with the double pneumonia that accompanied it. Burning up and freezing at the same time while struggling to breath for a spell; I remember the time well. Wife come down with it too but no real symptoms other than a positive test.

I wish the best as the future is bright after taking that first step. 
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:37am
I hope she finds some answers and is able to move forward in a positive direction
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:42am
half the battle is having people around you that understand and help with moral support.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:34am
Sometimes I wonder if everyone would not benefit from a few sessions of digging a little deeper into the Other Than Physical evaluation of their life and their surroundings . 
  Know I did at one time and was told Your Not Depressed - YOU are Making yourself Depressed - kind of attitude one takes and then dwells on it . Guess it's looking at what you are or aren't doing that becomes the forces that you allow to control your actions. 
  Did a lot of reading on those ideas along with finding things and individuals to change what I felt . The positive side rather than dwell on the so called problems . 
  One of the problems now when we can't get out to see or be with other individuals or do things we did 2 years back . Being in a cocoon of so called safe place yet having the world still revolve without being a part of it in ways we use to - it brings on many feelings of loss, despair, or loneliness.  

Hard to bring on a change within but that is the only one who can change things - YOURSELF . BUT you do need those around to support you when 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:45am
new variant is throwing a ton of false negatives. Add feeling exhausted, being treated like crap by her employer and throw isolation and some seasonal affective disorder and anyone would be depressed. All diseases are multifactorial.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 12:05pm

Well,,I can sure vouch for the feeling exhausted sitiation even tho I feel like I am past the dang virus,,,,I feel good enough to go outside and maybe get some things done but long bout an hour or so,,,, I start to run out of gas which is very unusual for ole Joe,,,
 When that happens, I go inside and lay down for a few and that winds up being about a 2 hour nap,,,, Brother tells me that is one of the virus's biggest negatives. Also, is I was getting that dizzyness when I get up but that didn't last but a week or so. The one that really bothered me was the Hallucinating lights that came on me 3 or 4 times and THAT scaird that chit outa me,,I dang near called 911 but they only lasted bout 15 minutes each time,,SO,,,everybody is pretty much experiencing some of the same maladies and they should be given the benefit of the doubt,,,,,Clap
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 2:45pm
Can vouch she is seriously looking inward now, her Sis texted me asked what is going on, why is she being so argumentative with her.  She had told her Sis, my wife, that she needs to STOP the TV Addiction, that she needs to find something Physical to Do, and soon, wife went off on her as to being so tired all the time and unable to get SYMPATHY as she has nobody to take care of, then Sis let her have it as to the Nurse Nazi role she imagines, she needs to get over that and move on to some other level, then wife refused to accept text or calls from her.  She and I will discuss this tonight.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 4:10pm
Before any comment, I’m trying to understand if you are agreeable to this therapist appointment you “found” or if you’re thinking it’s of the waste of time variety?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 4:54pm
If she actually goes and Talks where IF I can also go and plug in my $.02.

Last one wanted NOTHING of Spouse inclusion, the one prior to that woman WANTED my input as to what was being seen.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

If she actually goes and Talks where IF I can also go and plug in my $.02.

Last one wanted NOTHING of Spouse inclusion, the one prior to that woman WANTED my input as to what was being seen.

More than one way to go about things. Could be either approach has merit. Could be starts off alone at first then would include the spouse. How do you know what way is best? Maybe you could try being supportive, maybe even insistent she goes and gets help.

I realize you aren’t going to like what I say, that’s fine. I asked a straightforward question and you had to include statements of your superior knowledge. Let’s be honest, your $.02 is probably more like $20.00. Maybe the Mrs could use a pair of ears from the outside for a little while. Therapy first, then marriage counseling.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:16pm
Wife has one major issue will not address, 'New Toy Disorder'.  Same as true for a four year old, Must have GOT TO Have toy, buy toy and five minutes later is rejected, no longer new toy.

Brought it to wife to try vacation at Lake, fishing, water sports, invite friends, go camping.  All was fine first one or two visits, then TOTAL Disinterest, she had to work too hard to get to play time.  Same for Boating, or going to Federal and National parks, even bought Annual passes to get in at a special buy price, lost interest in a few visits.  Motorcycling, had one when got married, was all fun and great to be on then got hurt(NOT riding) and she demanded it go away so sold it.  Nearly twenty years later it was new again and we put close to 50,000 miles touring traveling on two wheels I Found and Bought, she became interested in a newer ride, the one we have now, could not take EVERYTHING every ride so lost interest, can barely get her on it for a local run around ride.  Brought up KW, explained "Would need SERIOUS Time and Effort but will pull a nice camper", again loved the idea until been into it a year a WHOLE Year and she is now bored with that, not sure even wants or wanted to do the RV thing.  Has lost ANY desire to ride long distance motorcycling now.

And as the 12 year brat does, she takes off shoes and socks, drops them where they land and walks away, may stay there three to five days before moves them 'away' or washes the socks or wears the shoes.  Mail comes in gets opened and dropped to counter, bills and all the flyers in them get bundled up into a pile then the pile moved to an area of more piles, NEVER sorts or puts away, just shuffles.  Clothing gets washed/dried, makes multiple trips into laundry(Ground Floor of House) NEVER ONCE carries ANY clean clothing Back until ALL hers is done.  Sits it on bedroom furnishings and walks back to TV.  I wash my own stuff, as a load finishes drying fold, carry to bedroom put away.  She glares as I do this.  Once even asked why I bothered to carry so little to bedroom so many times.

And her Sis commented of that as well, got the same glare and silent treatment.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:31pm
I’m not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a conselor of any kind. Are you? Even if you were, treating someone that close to you probably wouldn’t work out so well.

So, does she have a mental health issue? Or are you incompatible? How many years of this type of life do you want to go on with. Can choose to remain stubborn and deliver lectures, or choose to back off a notch and try to support a change.

I do wish you the best, I really do. It isn’t going to be easy.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:32pm
Point is, she will not heal, or change, whichever the case may be, by you simply demanding it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic