This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little nestalgia.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little nestalgia.
    Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:12pm
I found a picture, clipping from the local newspaper the other day. It's of my paternal Grandfather, sitting on his, (now mine) WD. This is in 1964, tractor was bought new in '52 so it was only 12 years old at the time. He's talking to a soil scientist about some pine trees that are on the farm. They were always there in my memory.Have gotten huge in the last 57 years. When I was young Dad would cut a small one for a Christmas tree.
You can't see the tractor real well but the seat, steering wheel, and hydraulic lever are in the shot.

Sponsored Links

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:34pm
That's pretty neat
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:44pm
That's awesome to have that picture, frameable.  The pine trees and apple trees happened here in MI quite some time back.  I don't know what the reason.  But that sure is a great picture.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:23pm
Thanks guys, I thought it was super-cool when I stumbled on it.
REEDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:23pm
I will say that was a nice find.

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 7:24am
I agree with everyone that is neat and need to be frame and write on the back who is in the picture when my wife mom pass on so many of the pictures nobody know who was in the pictures so sad. 
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:02am
Very nice. Not only the picture but you have the tractor. I have my Dad's WD he bought new and I am garbing all the pictures I can find.  Not many in the "Bought it new and still have it" category. Plus a great story to go with it. Thanks for sharing.
http://lonsallischalmers.com
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

I agree with everyone that is neat and need to be frame and write on the back who is in the picture when my wife mom pass on so many of the pictures nobody know who was in the pictures so sad. 

Kenny, great idea, I'll start looking for a frame.

Reed, Lon, thanks.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:02pm
Mike, tomorrow I want you to go to your newspaper office. They may still have on file that picture or maybe a negative. You might be able to get the original one.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Mike, tomorrow I want you to go to your newspaper office. They may still have on file that picture or maybe a negative. You might be able to get the original one.

Great idea, I'll check into it. Though maybe not today.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm
Cool!
tractorboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm
nice picture! Are You still on the same farm ?
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by tractorboy tractorboy wrote:

nice picture! Are You still on the same farm ?

So far!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 10:15pm
Now THAT is pretty cool......  Thumbs Up
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:39am
Mike,
 Thanks for posting. Brings back memories! A step back in time!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:09am
That is awesome, for sure 😊
Darrel
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:44am
WOW Mike, the memories/memorabilia that you have and you're sharing them with the rest of the 'family'.  That is GREAT.
Wish I had our original CA.  We got it new and I cultivated one heck of a lot of corn with it.
For you guys that are going to do something like this, don't write on the piece itself.  Write on a separate piece of paper, so as to keep it original.  Also post it on an inside wall, you can't imagine the destruction the sun can do to those old newspaper articles.
You've got a piece of history Mike and you're enjoying it.  I LIKE THAT!!  I don't suppose you drink and drive on it?! LOL Big smile Clap

PS the beer here is REALLY COLD!! Confused

Edited by Ted J - 23 Jan 2022 at 11:45am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:10pm
Ted, cold beer is really easy this time of year!! Keeping it from freezing is the challenge.

I haven't had a chance to drink and drive this particular tractor for a long time, kind of parked in, in the shed. Need to get her out this summer and take her for a drive. Those straight cut gears are music to my ears! WD Micha has the same trans but not near as loud.

My Grandad tried to wear out a two row cultivator with that tractor. it is currently mounted on said tractor.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 1:50pm
   My son got the AC CA that my father bought new and I mowed hay and wagons while the small round bales were being loaded, even done some plowing with it. I had the mower but he didn't want it so i sold it, he has the cultivators that he wants to sell. It has a Woods belly mower on it now that he uses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic