This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Surprise Wet Snow Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Surprise Wet Snow Video
    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 12:03pm
Forecast was rain and snow all above freezing. 3 or more inches of snow was a surprise. It did stop as I was going out to feed and dropped to 32F for the nights low. I loaded all into the Honda Mini truck to feed in one trip. Normally I feed in three trips so I can check on their eating. I also normally feed Pearl and Babydoll last. They are older and seem laid back and watch me feed the other horse within their sight. They are not aggressive toward getting fed. When they saw me in the truck headed their way they started running with Pearl kicking up her feet. 

Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 2:23pm
  Over here south of Rt. 30 in Ashland County we got 3/4" of rain yesterday, early last night they had snow around Ashland and lots of wrecks on I 71
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Over here south of Rt. 30 in Ashland County we got 3/4" of rain yesterday, early last night they had snow around Ashland and lots of wrecks on I 71

It was wet snow and turned to slush ice on the road. Not many have ever driven it those conditions. Until I was in my thirtys they didn't clear the snow to bare roads except for some of the state roads. People lose some of their snow driving skills back then from one year to another. Understandable now when most never learn it at all. 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 5:41pm
Great video!  I wished you could have kept it going thru all the feeding.  We got a couple inches of that wet snow, then it turned cold and froze it so we just drove on it.  I cleaned it off today.  First time I got to run around in my little tractor, but I had to use the blower as a blade and then it was packed full with snow and ice.  Not to hard to clean out.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic