This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What size chisel plow size for a 200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72AC200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What size chisel plow size for a 200
    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:37am
I have been thinking about getting a chisel plow for my 200. I want to go with a three-point. Are they any good but I am open to pull type. I'm in Northwest Ohio. I have duals, full set of front weights and in fluid in the back tires. I have medium to heavy ground with some clay. I don't know much about chisel plow any info would help thanks.
Sponsored Links

bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:43am
You should be able to pull a 12' chisel plow, I would get a 3 point, this way you can use the traction booster.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
Chisel plows are gauged more on shank than feet, 7 shank should work but i wouldnt go more, as Allis said you have to be going 5 mph or faster  to utalize the tractor and not abuse it - of coarse - soil type- hills- etc are all a factor- 200,s are fun doing chisel work 

Edited by DougG - 27 Nov 2021 at 8:59am
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:40am
I have a 9 shank 3 point mounted Landoll I'd sell for $500, which is what I paid for it. About 10 feet wide.

Bought it for the tool bar and was going to mount raised bed disks on it but too big for my tractor and gates. Took off the outside pair of shanks to make it 7 shanks in the ground. In our soils with clay hard pan, 70 hp tractor could pull it to a depth of a few inches, but lacking duels or FWD, any deeper and my tires just spin out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic