This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone have a massey harris 44

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:10pm
Hud, I haven't heard anything from ya, is that 44 rowcrop not what your needing pictures of, I can go get some more I just figured that had to be the linkage you were talking about?

At least it had to be closer than the first picks of disaster.Embarrassed

Edited by Kansas99 - 24 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Sponsored Links

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

50$ would go a long ways to hot rod up one of those to make 100-150hp. If the trans and rear could take it, sounds like a pullers dream.

Problem with the 555 is first gear is too fast, I believe 3 mph is the limit in the class it pulled so you had to time the throttle right, on a loose track it had it's way with those old double thumpers but on a hard track it would get beat by one or two.  Then again you could always give the screw another turn, although a pretty blue flame out the pipe on a dyno might be a good stopping point.LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:19am
I was thinking more towards the 101 with a Chrysler motor. In an open class with no speed limit. I went for a ride in a warmed up 50 Plymouth (230) flathead last year with a 90 year old man driving. He was shifting that motor over 5000k that I saw. Motor had a milled head, light cam, and factory down draft carbs with dual exhaust. Very potent. That was just a small block in a 4 door Sedan, not his race car.

Edited by allisbred - 25 Nov 2021 at 9:37am
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:13pm
havent been on here for a few days.  i did order some stuff from that kessals today and i did contact a guy on the masseys collector website he has a manifold and he had pictures of the throttle cable on one , i found his number becuase he had been looking for a throttle cable setup
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:56am
I had a 102 Senior Standard once. It had a rear end leak and I sold it. I wish I would of kept it.
On the 44 lots of the 44 rear ends were used for hot rod pulling tractors in the 1st Generation hot rods back in the 60s.
Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:20am
that massey harris 44 5speed tranny is big i will be back on this job this week
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 9:42pm
I've made grill screens for the Massy Harris.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 11:03pm
Ole boy years ago had a massy rear with a 396 BBC tractor pulling. First "hot rod' I saw. We called him "Rudy Hog". It was cool !!!
Steve g View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:17pm
Are you still needing pictures of a Massey Harris 44 have pretty much the original one
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:22pm
i do if it has the cable throttle linkage because i will have fab up all of it ,  there was one piece let down by the govenor that looks like to be 1/4 steel tube for the housing up under the gas tank is were i amnot clear on all the bends .  this was only used on a few 44 models for a short time .  i did get a picture of the connection at the govenor 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic