This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

carburetor D15 Series II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgerambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carburetor D15 Series II
    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 5:47pm
Anyone on here have rebuilt carbs for D15 series II?  Mine is a Marvel-Schebler TSKV-863.  I would prefer finding someone that might have a rebilt unit that I could buy outright, and send mine in for a core as opposed to sending mine to have it rebuilt and then sent back.  Main reason being, I have some fall mowing left and don't need to be without the tractor for weeks or so.  Mine runs ok, but pours gas out the choke shaft when idling or off.  I would buy a kit and try to rebuild myself, but I tried that several years ago a D14 and it did not go well--ending up finally just buying a carb.  It sounds to me like trash in the needle valve as well as choke shaft packing seal needs replacement, but after a bad experience on the D14 am gun shy.  I know this may should have posted in another forum rather than classified, but put it there because am wanting to buy something.
Sponsored Links

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 6:12pm
I was thinking they had a MS 869 on them. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 7:21pm
expensive, but new and available...  maybe worth a call to talk.

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Nov 2021 at 7:22pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ridgerambler View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgerambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 8:43am
It is M-S TSX 869.  I cleaned the tag off more and let my wife read it--her eyes are better than mine.
structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:20am
I find if a marvel carb is leaking out the intake at idle and shut down. It’s more likely the two surfaces that split the carb halves need to be cleaned real well. If not gas will leak between.
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:36pm
Have a TSX869 carb, professionally rebuilt, $300+ship 563 357 2615
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm
Save yourself some headaches and call Treadwell Carburetor Co.  in Treadwell, NY.
I have had a number of carbs done by them (including a number for D15 Series One's and Two's and D17's) and they are returned timely and very reasonably priced. Returned like new and they use test engines so they are pre-set; paint it, bolt it on with the gasket they send you and go.
Excellent service with quick turnaround.
607-829-8321 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic