This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gatlinburg/ Seiverville TN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gatlinburg/ Seiverville TN
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:39am
We came through there yesterday.
Lots of good antique stores along the way and Smokey Mountain Knife works. What a awesome store. It has a relic room with some neat stuff. Several original colts n such. They’re minus one civil war rifle.
I may need to go back to lots of overtime for a while.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:49am
Did you go through Cherokee NC and go across the mountain? Good drive with awesome views. Also, if you didn't get a chance this time, you need to go through Cades Cove. It's a neat place to drive through.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:11am
We did drive through Cherokee. Yes it’s absolutely beautiful.
I’ll try the other place next trip.
Been a good’en
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:43am
Traffic was so snarled up on the one lane road going to Cades Cove that I would never consider going again.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:46pm
  Some pretty country down there. We will be headed south the end of November to see our Grandchildren in Florida. Some day I would like to stop at Biltmore Estate
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 2:17pm
The Biltmore is another very interesting place. They claim the beds are all King size but you can't tell it because the rooms are so big.

Hey Thad, did you stop at the old farm on the road to Gatlinburg? See any elk?

Edited by thendrix - 26 Oct 2021 at 2:18pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 2:27pm
No we didn’t. I don’t recall signs. Jenny was driving and I was lookin.
That area really reminds me of home.
ford8nwd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ford8nwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:35pm
We took our first family vacation to the smokies in 1962. We had our brand new VW bug at the time. Really brings back memories. That's a great area to vacation in.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:01pm
Motorcycle trip in 2011 we stopped in Sevierville(Severevul), stayed in a odd LARGE hotel tried to get dinner at Dollies Dixie Stampede ended up in a GIGANTMO Buffet Shop.  

Rode across the Park, stopped at the Dedication platform observation deck FDR stood upon, Glorious Day could see forever, loved it, dropped into Cherokee where my Dear Sweet little Honey whispered to me at a small gas stop, "These look like REAL Native Indians", told her re-read the town name!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic