This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saved a WD45.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saved a WD45.
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 3:35pm
I purchased and brought home WD45 #188802. The data book says it's a late 1954.  The owner's manual says it was sold by Decatur (Illinois) Farm Supply on September 12, 1956. There was a severe drought here in southwest Illinois in 1954. Very little, if any crop was harvested. So it's understandable that the tractor sat on the lot for a year and a half. It has a factory wide front end and a Char-Lynn power steering unit. I'd post a picture but I've never been able to master the art of posting pictures on the Forum. The tractor last ran 4 years ago and had been inside until August.  Now the task is to make it run again.
Sponsored Links

cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
Glad to hear you saved a piece of A C history Dan . The drought of 1954 was well documented in our part of the state also.Even tho it was just a little before my time, have heard the stories for years. Had a good wheat crop and then everything else burnt up. Best of luck on the 45..
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:09pm
Good job! Always nice to see another one dodged the bullet. Was that power steering a dealer add-on do you think? I have an early 45 (not running) and a later 45 (used monthly), both are narrow front w/o power steering.
TOM (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:27pm
Dan, nice save on the WD45. Look forward to seeing it up and running at a future Father Day Tractor Show in Middle Amana, IA. Best of luck with it,  Tom 
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:39pm
I think we need pictures!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:16am
Dan the easiest way I have found to resize and post pics is to either post the pic on Facebook (automatically resized) then save photo from Facebook on your phone, then post saved photo on here. Or if you can text the photo to yourself it will automatically resize and then it can be posted on here.
Nice save on the 45
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:58am
Sounds kinda like the 45 I have. I think mine is a 55, also got part of a 56.
Mine has the factory power steering, wide front and aftermarket 3-pt. on it. also has the flip seat on it.

http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
I would like to find a late model with factory power steering someday. I had one but it needed more love than I had time to give! There's a better one out there somewhere. In the meantime, the two I have work wonderfully!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic