This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Filter for the C pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Filter for the C pricing
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:51am
Have the oil filters for the C (also B/CA and others) gone up in price?
This is the "mason" jar style. The Agco part number is 70240912.
I have seen $27 for the Fram C159, what happened to $7.98?
Suggestions for getting some at good price please.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:53am
I just paid $18 for a NAPA 57101 (?) last week. official FRAM C159 from other supplier would have been $32 and 2-4 WEEK delivery....
BTW online was cheaper than me WALKING to local NAPA store....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:13am
Just got two NAPA 7011's for $18 ea on line, crazy!, NAPA down the street wants 28.99 ea
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:16am
Wix 57011  Napa 7011. Walmart was $35 for the Fram C-159.

Should it be changed yearly? I put very few hours on it each year. I am into my fall season oil&filter changes on everything. Could go broke at this rate.
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
I have Fleetguards on the shelf for $15.00. Let me know if you want any.
Owner of Matt Scott LLC
Specializing in NOS and used Allis Chalmers tractor & implement parts & liturature and Magneto Repair
http://www.mattscottllc.com/
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 12:36pm
Brian, i was changing oil and filter every year..  Couple small Bs only get 20 - 50 hours a year at mowing , sickle... Decided to change filter every other time i change oil.. If oil looks good and tractor sets inside, i am going with change oil at 2 year intervals... Filter should be good for a LONG TIME. ..... you know its a BYPASS filter anyway .... ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 Oct 2021 at 12:37pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Phil48ACWC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 1:23pm
I put an electronic hour meter from Northern Tool on my WC with distributor instead of magneto and I go 130 hours between oil and filter changes. This tractor is used year round and a fair amount of those hours is at idle while hooking up implements etc. The oil is just getting dark at 130 hours. Put on an hour meter and don't guess at oil change frequency.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 3:56pm
In the past I've found the #571 Fleetguard to be a bit larger in the OD than the Fram and Hastings filters and wouldn't fit right. That picture looks a little different from that ones I'd gotten in the past and maybe they've change the size OD. Matt: How do the new ones from Fleetguard compare to the Fram for the OD?
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:17pm
I have been using the 571 Fleetguard filters for almost 10 years and have had no issues they fit perfectly.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 7:27pm
Most of the parts stores around here run a special sale on filters in the spring,I get a lot of my filters then,they are basically 1/2 price. Now you will prolly hafta order a case. I can't remember if there are 6 or 12,but you'll have enough to last awhile or share with friends...
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 2:30pm
Bought some recently from Agco dealer for $22.50 each.
BMinor0788 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMinor0788 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 3:05pm
I buy mine for my CA and WD-45 from RockAuto.com. As of this typing they're $14.12 each. 

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:26pm
Dont forget the $7. shipping and $1.5 tax... Now your back up to  $23.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic