This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You guys in Californai getting any?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You guys in Californai getting any?
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 12:21am
Rain?
Finally looks like you might be out of the drought, at least for a few weeks.  Now all the burn scars are going to be washing down the hills onto roads and plugging creeks, etc.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:29am
Woo HOO 3 inches in the mountains on the central coast.  Hay John how long where you at Camp Roberts, did you get both wet and hot and dry.

Engineers Confused what do they think about. One of the underpasses on 101 freeway is flooded in town. Unless they got a extra cloud burst, about 1o miles east of me so 1/2 the rain I have. No rain report on local radio yet, just the traffic jams. I am guessing trash Cry or a homeless drug addict Confused sleeping in the nice dry pipe.

I am very happy as it came so it all soaked in out here. Best start to the growing season since 09. But another 8 or 9 months until we can say how it turns out. But for the city people the drought is not over until the dam's  are full and running over.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:01am
From what I saw on the internet, the lakes are filling but I doubt it will have a very big effect on water supplies.  But at least it will green up the grass and make fires less likely until maybe next summer.
 I was there in July, 1968.  In the mornings it was foggy and cold as, well, somewhere I'd rather not be then in the afternoons it was hot as another place I hope to not go to!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm
  Are all the wild fires out now that you got rain? Don't hear anything about them on the news
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:49am
Looking at Cal Fires website all fires are 100% contained. Which means they have line all the way around it.  The way the dirt gets to dry out very common to have stumps burning underground for months after there is no fire visible. They will stay on site and work on the stumps near the edges for days depending how many fires are burning.

I think the stumps are much more of a problem in oak woodlands than in pines and fur trees. As the oaks have tap roots much bigger in size than the confers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic