This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodsplitter off fel valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodsplitter off fel valve
    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 5:04pm
So I picked up a 3 point wood splitter for a good price but down own a threepoint tractor.
I rebuilt the fel valves a few years ago and added a third spool at the time.
I have hoses run to the back.

After reworking the disconnects I hooked up the splitter to the third circuit but no action.

It may be an obvious problem, assume with two control valves?

I will try to bypass the splitter valve?
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:35pm
How are you operating the valves?  As a guess from your description, you would need to move the 3rd valve one way the other, and tie it in that position then use the valve on the splitter.  
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:56pm
we had a 9N 30 years ago setup that way.. Bail wire the loader valve ENGAGED, then used the splitter valve.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:49am
I ran it direct into wood splitter cylinder, bypassing splitter valve and it works.
Wife will just have to sit on tractor and run stick.
She can be inside out of weather and in control...
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:47pm
Not a good idea to have another at the controls, while YOUR hands are on the log.  Can you imagine hoe SHE would feel, if an accident occurs?  The problem with the valve may be that it is for OC control, while the tractor has a CC control system, or vice versa...  Spend the extra hundred dollars or so on the right valve, and be safe...Thumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:02pm
Without knowing what the tractor is it is makes it hard to say if it is an open or closed center system.  It would help to know that info.

Depending on the system; As posted; if you hook the splitter supply hose (one that would have hooked to the splitter pump) to one disconnect and the splitter valve's return to tank hose to the other, it should be able to work from the splitter valve; if you secure the third spool of your loader valve in the open position.  Trying the third spool one way then the other will reverse flow to the splitter valve, if you hooked to the wrong disconnect for supply.  Did you try that or just jump to bypassing the splitter valve?

KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 9:34am
It is on a 715b. When I had valve reconditioned I added a third spool.

We split about two cords yesterday.

Setup was ratchet- put the splitter in the bucket, ran hoses in and wife operated.
Hoses were backwards, so to go left she had to pull joystick right, which worked ok since my handsignals meant my fingers weren’t in the way.

Sometimes incoming weather trumps perfect setup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic