This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Problem With Tool Batteries ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Problem With Tool Batteries ....
    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
IS the $$ !! 3 years ago I could/did buy "genuine" Hitachi/Metabo 18 volt 3AH batteries for $38-40/battery Confused. I was on Amazon tonight and they're up to $70 ++ CryCry. I can drag an extension cord on an electric powered for a WHOLE lot cheaper LOLLOL !!
Sponsored Links

ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Electric cords work great for Harry the home owner still not sure what the point of this post is? Oh thats right its just like the other posts he has 😆
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:57pm
Carrying them corded tools in a truck, tractor, or combine doesn’t pan out so well.  
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:28pm
GEES GUYS... You just need a LONGER CORD to get out in that 200 ACRE FIELD ! Wink

I buy GENERIC BATTERIES on AMAZON for $30. for 6 amp size.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

GEES GUYS... You just need a LONGER CORD to get out in that 200 ACRE FIELD ! Wink

I buy GENERIC BATTERIES on AMAZON for $30. for 6 amp size.
I’d end up with a rats nest. 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:47pm
Them damn trains keep runnin over FG's cords!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:04pm
I got several of both the smaller and larger HST batteries for my Metabo/Hitachi cordless impacts (and older Hitachi drill) with the new hammer drill and 1/4" impact driver.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

IS the $$ !! 3 years ago I could/did buy "genuine" Hitachi/Metabo 18 volt 3AH batteries for $38-40/battery Confused. I was on Amazon tonight and they're up to $70 ++ CryCry. I can drag an extension cord on an electric powered for a WHOLE lot cheaper LOLLOL !!
Liking that 15% inflation are you?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:02am
I'm slowly becoming all battery. I'll pay the price. Got Milwaukie stuff.
No more corded, air hoses and noisey ass compressor to drag around.
1/2" battery impact works well but it still takes an air gun at times with just a little more balls to it. Not very often though.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:22am
Some guys at work are going all battery.
I mean table saws n chop saws n such. The tools are designed for punch list work and not daily contractor work in my opinion.
I use the nail guns as such.
If we have a days worth of work in one spot I drag out cords n hoses.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

Electric cords work great for Harry the home owner still not sure what the point of this post is? Oh thats right its just like the other posts he has 😆

He is working his post count up. Thinks if he has the most posts he is king or Confused something.  But I don't know what being king of Orange Power gets you ....................a dinner with the orange man?LOL I better move and make other posts he is ahead of me.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 5:57pm

I'm going to classify you as "special" ClapClap !! There are THOUSANDS of corded tools on "legitimate" residential/commercial job sites Big smileBig smile !! Have you ever drug a "cordless tool" onto a 12/12 roof 20' up the run ONLY to have the battery drain ?? That's why I carry a cord up SmileSmile !!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:23pm
Who takes a DEAD BATTERY up on the roof to work ??   TAke TWO ... but make sure they are not BOTH DEAD !  LOL   LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
Be careful Zach. You’ve been classified. Prayers!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I'm going to classify you as "special" ClapClap !! There are THOUSANDS of corded tools on "legitimate" residential/commercial job sites Big smileBig smile !! Have you ever drug a "cordless tool" onto a 12/12 roof 20' up the run ONLY to have the battery drain ?? That's why I carry a cord up SmileSmile !!!

A shock from a bad cord killed one of my coworkers years ago.   My employer since created enough rules around cords to discourage corded tool use.  
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:46pm

Who takes a DEAD BATTERY up on the roof to work ??   TAke TWO ... but make sure they are not BOTH DEAD !  LOL   LOL

It would only be common sense to not use a dead battery. But then again we know who made the comment...

Edited by ZachD89 - 28 Sep 2021 at 7:53pm
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

At least he thinks i am special Maybe we should classify him? Any ideas?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:55pm

At least he thinks i am special Maybe we should classify him? Any ideas?

Well, hmm, special has been taken….maybe downright unique?
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:43pm
He's in a class all his own.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:10pm

Sorry Stevie , it's a WHOLE lot cheaper and environmentally  friendly to drag a cord IMO ClapClap
Have you EVER ran a cordless RECIP saw ?? They suck a battery dead REAL FAST ClapClap !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 29 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:14pm

He's just a "coat tailer " LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:06pm
Have you EVER ran a cordless RECIP saw ?? They suck a battery dead REAL FAST ClapClap !!

What does that have to do with YOU taking DEAD BATTERIES on the roof ???
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
Who said that I did ??  They WENT dead while in use Clap !! You and T must be cousins Tongue !!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 9:44pm
For sure battery operated tools are a love hate deal. They have many advantages when air or hydro is not available and great in shop too so you are not tripping on cords. I hate the high cost and the fact that you are constantly replacing batteries. They are not cheap and use a lot of precious metals. No guarantee of proper recycling. 
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 11:52pm

It would only be common sense to not use a dead battery. But then again we know who made the comment...
Yep, you have to remember that common sense is a flower that does not grow in some people’s garden...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic