This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 916h crank/no start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revbuttons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 916h crank/no start
    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 4:32am
Good morning everyone. My first post.
So I just recently purchased an AC 916h. Brought it home and it worked great during the first cut of the yard. Unfortunately, I ran out of gas and that's when all the s**t started happening. When I put in new gas, it eventually started but wouldn't stay running. I would just get it going and then it would die out. So of course the battery died while I was trying to turn over, so I have that on a charger. Next I pulled the carb because I figured something could have gotten stuck in carb once the gas ran out. Well it was full of all kinds of crap when I opened it up. I also found that the bowl had multiple holes in it. Don't know how it wasn't leaking. Well I went ahead and ordered a new carb off Amazon. I tested the fuel pump and it appeared to be working great. So anywho, got the new carb on, installed charged battery. And the damn thing will still not run! I did check for spark and I have it so I don't think that's the issue. Can sure use.some help here. I love the tractor and it cut my lawn beautifully. I'm also looking forward to using the tiller attachment the guy threw into the deal. Thanks in advance.
Will
Sponsored Links

Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 8:48am
Revbuttons
I just went thru a similar exercise with a 716H.....had to replace carb, points/spark were good.  I did not have much small engine experience, but found numerous YouTube videos showing how to tune/adjust carbs for AC/Simplicity tractors, especially ones produced by Zippo Varga.  His vids show how to adjust/set up your carb, along with other tune up items

Another excellent YT vid on carb adjustment.....

Hope this helps with your project

1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
If it had all kinds of junk in the carb then it’s probably in the tank also. It would be best to remove the tank and throughly clean it. If it’s a plastic that’s way easier. More of the same junk is probably in your new carb. I always run a inline fuel filter on mine to prevent this from happening. Always make sure filler cap neck and fuel can are clean before refueling, that’s the only way dirt can enter the tank.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Revbuttons View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revbuttons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:52am
Hey everyone. I know it's been a while but I finally got it running. After trying an aftermarket carb and it not working. I swapped over some of the parts.to the old carb.and popped in a new battery (old one wouldn't hold a charge). It started right up. Seems to be running fine now. Thanks for all the advice and assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic