This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cab weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cab weight
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:52pm
I have a case 5240 100hp tractor. I need to pull the cab in order to split the tractor and repair the transmission. It is a project I have been putting off for a long time waiting for my budget to allow it. Anyway now I am looking at starting and was wondering how much weight I need to support when I pull it off.
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 1:35pm
cab on my 190 was about 500 lbs. cab on a IH 1086 was about 500 lbs. so im guessing 500 lbs.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 3:51pm
Thanks the beams I have in mind will easly hold 1000lbs so that is reassuring. I am looking at using a chain fall hanging off the old second floor support beams in a old 1700's post and beam barn. I just wanted a ballpark idea as I would feel really bad damaging this old barn. I am more than happy to use it I just don't want to be stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic