This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts from Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts from Canada
    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:58pm
I have found a salvage yard in Ontario that has a few items I am interested in my question is after the border is open what’s involved to cross the border buy the parts and come back south? How big a hassle is it?
Sponsored Links

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:07pm
The government is dragging its ass on opening the border.  No one really knows when it will open and what the requirements will be.  One thing I have heard for sure is that visitors to Canada MUST have had both vaccinations.  That is all I know right now.  I am sure when it does open, there will be hassles!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:02am
Do you suppose the closed Candaian pipeline that Biden done has any connection to the border
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:09am
Canada is trying to get the border open for tourism... the US is the holdup.

I think part of his question is, what is involved to drive a TRAILER over the border with a pile of steel parts on it ?   Do you drive right thru or do they " inspect for clean parts, etc".
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Do you suppose the closed Candaian pipeline that Biden done has any connection to the border

No.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Canada is trying to get the border open for tourism... the US is the holdup.

I think part of his question is, what is involved to drive a TRAILER over the border with a pile of steel parts on it ?   Do you drive right thru or do they " inspect for clean parts, etc".
Yes that is part of the question. One more is I was going to send my mom and dad but in my truck that is registered to me pulling dads trailer. They have passports, she is vaccinated he isn’t. Just wondering what kind of hassles would be fall a 79 year old married couple trying to scoot back across the border with some allis parts
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:55am
You must be vaccinated with proof.

You must have proof of a negative test 3 days or less.

You must have a passport.

Those are what the local news here in the Detroit area are reporting.

I have driven tractors back from Canada with no problems.  I don't think they even checked the registration on the truck or trailer.

I did have a problem once.  All of these young border guards came out and got up on the trailer to check out the D12 I was toting.  I guess they were local farm boys and they sure thought that tractor was a sharp tractor.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:02pm
If ag equipment and parts are manufactured in North America, they are duty and tax free in all directions. If you are talking Fawcett's, they are now part of All States Ag parts so likely ship anywhere. As for the border, Aug 21 is now a possible date likely with restrictions.  
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic