This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

301 with JD 4020 sleeves and pistons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 301 with JD 4020 sleeves and pistons?
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 10:18am
I’ve heard of a few builds over the years with 301 diesels using 4020 Deere sleeves and pistons to make a 360 cube engine.
Anyone here have first hand knowledge to this? I’m interested in doing it and was wondering how much of a direct swap it will be. O rings on the sleeves lining up with the block, piston compression height the same? Etc....
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:46pm
Been wanting to do this for a while ; ive heard some machine work is needed on the JD sleeves; they are real close but a little to tall, - i think,,
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 8:02pm
Have done a few 2 diesel and a gas. Depends on applications some will need machine work on block but can be a drop in kit with ductile sleeves and John Deere pistons if your serious you can message me for more details as far as deer sleeves and Deere pistons no it’s not just that easy or everyone would do it
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 6:55pm
have a nice set of  6' sleeves' 4020 i will sell if needed.
Allis7020 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis7020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 7:09am
Can you private message me your phone number I would like to talk to you about doing a 4020 pistons in sleeves in a one 190 allis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic