This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find manuals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find manuals
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:45pm
Hi All, I recently figured something out that I thought I would share, if others are hunting for manuals. I recently bought an Allis Chalmers 810GT and a 916H. The first thing I do after bringing home a new tractor is start hunting for manuals to help with operation and/or repair. They are usually available to order on the internet but can sometimes be hard to find and expensive. I have figured a few things out recently.

As I am sure, many are aware that Allis Chalmers lawn tractors were manufactured by Simplicity, and all Allis lawn tractors have a Simplicity Product Number. If you go to the Simple Tractors web site simpletractors.com and select Research>Cross Reference, a list of all Allis Chalmers lawn tractors with Product Numbers is available. (in my case, 1690220 for 810GT, 1690575 for 916H)

If you go to the Simplicity web site www.simplicitymfg.com and select Support>manuals>Tractors and put the Product Number into the search bar, all available manuals can be downloaded. I got a parts manual for my 810GT and parts and operation manuals for my 916H.

I also figured out that you can get manuals for the engines from the engine manufactures.
I went to www.briggsandstratton.com and selected Support>find manuals and parts list and searched the engine model# for my 810GT and downloaded a parts manual. Then I went to kohlerpower.com and selected Service and Parts>manuals and searched the engine model# for my 916H. In addition to the operation manual, I also downloaded a full engine overhaul manual.

Having these manuals does not make you a brilliant, experienced mechanic, but it gives you a fighting chance if you have a problem.
I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to... I guess.
'44 B, '46 WF, '49 G, 810GT, 916H, 620
Sponsored Links

Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:23am
fleeter allis fan,
What was the coast of all off the manuals that you to download all the manual’s you needed??
Thank You
Rod in MN
fleeter allis fan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:39pm
No cost to download. I sent some to a print shop for photocopying and that cost a few dollars only.
I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to... I guess.
'44 B, '46 WF, '49 G, 810GT, 916H, 620
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic