This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Desert Joe check your texts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desert Joe check your texts
    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:50am
Sent you a Fergie pic
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:15am

OOOPS Slips,,,THad,,,I just now picked up the phone and seen that cute little thing,,,,,Clap That one is a TO30 which is the next bigger size tractor that Ferguson made back then,,,Is it for sale,,?
  I think I have come to a standstill on my project. This block has suffered the same problem that most all them had is cracking across the 3 webs right under the sleeve,,,,in the cooling water area. Been reading lots about some repairs others had done,,(Tried) some work,,some don't,,,!!  I've not found a machine shop in my 3 city area that even wants to try to repair either by brazing, cross bolting or otherwise,,,,, I'm now looking for a replacement block or a good engine to finalize the project. Got a couple of leads sooooo,,wish me luck,,,,Clap,Clap
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:36am
OK.... I can close my eyes and picture Joes "modified fergie" with a 454 CHEBY ENGINE !! Clap
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:43am
joe... saw this on the "other site" from several years ago.. Might be out of date, but might be a lead ????

I have a similar situation. Tractor run fine, but was getting water in oil. Tore it down and it (block) was cracked top and bottom, through center main journal. Searched around to find another block or have mine repaired (pinned) and found a place that welds them (they have been repairing them for many years) in South east Missouri. They do an excellant job on them and I highly recomend them. There is a place in South Central Tennesse that sells these repaired blocks (from Mo.) It is called TIPS Which ever is closer to you. Hope this helps GOOD LUCK Oh almost forgot the company is Barnett Head & Block 573-333-5211 Caruthersville Missouri

[Reply]  [Send Email]
Howard

08-29-2002 19:26:48

Report to Moderator
 Re: Re: 1953 Ferguson TO-30 cracked block in reply to Howard, 08-28-2002 15:59:54  
The place in Tn. is called TIPS - 4258 Gimlet Road - Lawrenceburg Tn. - 38464 Phone # 931-762-7831 Hope this helps you out and good luck.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

OOOPS Slips,,,THad,,,I just now picked up the phone and seen that cute little thing,,,,,Clap That one is a TO30 which is the next bigger size tractor that Ferguson made back then,,,Is it for sale,,?
  I think I have come to a standstill on my project. This block has suffered the same problem that most all them had is cracking across the 3 webs right under the sleeve,,,,in the cooling water area. Been reading lots about some repairs others had done,,(Tried) some work,,some don't,,,!!  I've not found a machine shop in my 3 city area that even wants to try to repair either by brazing, cross bolting or otherwise,,,,, I'm now looking for a replacement block or a good engine to finalize the project. Got a couple of leads sooooo,,wish me luck,,,,Clap,Clap

Yes for sale $450.00
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm
Joe I resent the link. Hopefully it worked this time
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm

Well,,Chit,,Thad,,I'm getting the second image but soon as I click on it ,,FB wants me to sign inand,,,,it "suggests" that I sign-in with an old email that I,don't remember the friggin PW ,,,,!LOLLOL I  tryed to tell FB, that "the younger I get, the more I remember" but that didn't seem to phase em,,,,, wait a minute,,!!  I bet if you send it one more time to the Email I gave you for my home PC,,,it'll work,,??
 I DID manage to join several groups in your area and just got accepted,,,,so I'm going Fergie huntin,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:49am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,Chit,,Thad,,I'm getting the second image but soon as I click on it ,,FB wants me to sign inand,,,,it "suggests" that I sign-in with an old email that I,don't remember the friggin PW ,,,,!LOLLOL I  tryed to tell FB, that "the younger I get, the more I remember" but that didn't seem to phase em,,,,, wait a minute,,!!  I bet if you send it one more time to the Email I gave you for my home PC,,,it'll work,,??
 I DID manage to join several groups in your area and just got accepted,,,,so I'm going Fergie huntin,,,,,Clap

I texted you his contact info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic