This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

718H

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 718H
    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:03pm
Ok I am having a problem with the deck I don’t know if the cone drive is the problem or if the belt from the cone drive to the deck is not tight enough but I can stop the deck in not very heavy mowing . How can I check the cone drive to see if it is the problem . I checked all the bearings on the deck and all are good. The belt that is on the cone drive is a type I call A size pretty small don’t know if that belt should be a B size or not. Help if you can Thanks Dave
Sponsored Links

ac55tractor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac55tractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:59pm
Dave
 You should be able to check the inside of the cone without pulling it off. You should see a band inside the cone. It is roughly 3/16 thick. From what I understand from you, there is a good chance that it is warn away.
If the band is still visible. It may be the belt length. What size mower deck do you have? Do you know the model number from the deck? Do you know what size belt is there now?

In the end, I went to a B size belt and went one size up on the length to compensate for the wider width of the belt. It works so much better with the wider belt.
Steve (Maine)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic