This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

walmart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: walmart
    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:02am
Texas cold caned drinks at the door went up 25 cents.  Have been for a long  long  time 50 cents now 75 cents a can.  
     Still can buy day old loves of $1french bread for cheap as 30 cents on sale.
     Filled up with diesel 2 weeks ago at a Neighborhood Walmart  for $2,39  it was as high as $2.89 everyplace  else up and down the same road in Longview Texas
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:22am

Hey Young Fellar,,,sure good to hear from you,,,I'ma gonna have to sic ole Shameless on you for not checkin in regular,,,,just like he does,,,,,,LOL
 Hopin you doing good and taking care of yourself,,,Clap
 Say,,,,you bout got me a recipe for them Charro Beans from The Jalapeno Tree or Jucy's,,,,ClapClap
  Ya know, I ain't really worried too much but time keeps goin by and ,,,,and,,,we ain't gettin no younger,,,,,LOLLOL
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:51am
Joe   Do you have any wet backs camping out and about in your neck of the woods?  I have been keeping the gates locked and have new easy to see keep out signs in Spanish posted all around the fence lines.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:58am
PROHIBIDA LA ENTRADA
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:20am
As with any store, there are some things at Wally World that are a bargain, other things are cheaper at HEB, or United Foods.
Was at the Wally World last week in Round Rock, the unleaded ethanol free was $2.89. Filled up with that before heading back to Midland, as neither of the Walmart’s here have ethanol free unleaded, actually I don’t know of any stations here that have it.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 17 Apr 2021 at 8:25am
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:06am

JEEEEEZE, Ken,,I just asked for a friggin recipe,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:31pm
I can tolerate A LOT of "generic" drinks/food, WALMART SODA IS NOT ON MY LIST Cry !!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm
We generally shop locally at the three markets and farmers market when open here, wife HAD to make a Wally World Run so decided would also grocer shop there this time, At LEAST $100 MORE for same stuff bought at local suppliers, quality questionable and service in the crapper.  I refuse to go back.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:16pm
diesel here is $3.69/gal. dunno what gas is, haven't bought that in a long time, but will have to shortly when i start mowing lawn. i buy butt wipe at wally world cuz it's .64 cents for 4 rolls, and it's soft and breaks down really fast, best thing for septic tanks. wine is cheaper there too, i never buy any meat there cept chicky that comes from Tyson foods. i did buy an 18 pack of eggs there the other day, was cheaper than buying 12 eggs. and Ken...i don't think the term "wet backs" belongs on this forum! just my thoughts. i normally buy our groceries at other stores. there are a few things we use that we can't get at other stores, but wally world has it. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:00am
I think that term referred to a VERY HARD WORKING, under paid guy, toiling in the field in the blazing heat, pickin veggies of some sort....
..seriously doubt ANY 'twothumber' could do 10 minutes in the field,let alone 10 hours(or more...)
I respect the WBs unlke the 2Ts......

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:21am
Hmm...always thought that term meant wet from crossing the river. Also, never heard it used in much of a way of respect or compliment.

On the other hand, really have to feel for Ken and what he’s going through in his area right now.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I can tolerate A LOT of "generic" drinks/food, WALMART SODA IS NOT ON MY LIST Cry !!

That is on my list along with chocolate syrup, ketchup, and steak sauce. 

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Hmm...always thought that term meant wet from crossing the river. Also, never heard it used in much of a way of respect or compliment.

On the other hand, really have to feel for Ken and what he’s going through in his area right now.

You ARE correct, TBone. That term has ALWAYS been used in a derogatory way, much like the N word,, and Ken knows that!! I don't know what I might of said that set him off enough for him to throw that out there. I hope he realizes that We Are All Immigrants,,some new, some old and some real old. My family migrated to this country from the Copper Canyon area of Mexico, over 6 generations ago. Even the Native Americans migrated here many, many years ago.
 I know he has issues with the illegal immigrants flooding the country, everybody does, but I am not his enemy, unless he wants me to be. I will stay out of his way if he stays out of mine.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:09am
Yes, this is a country of immigrants. Immigrants be the key word. Not illegal aliens, which is what anybody that came into this country who did not follow the laws that were on the books at the time.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

You ARE correct, TBone. That term has ALWAYS been used in a derogatory way, much like the N word,, and Ken knows that!! I don't know what I might of said that set him off enough for him to throw that out there. I hope he realizes that We Are All Immigrants,,some new, some old and some real old. My family migrated to this country from the Copper Canyon area of Mexico, over 6 generations ago. Even the Native Americans migrated here many, many years ago.
 I know he has issues with the illegal immigrants flooding the country, everybody does, but I am not his enemy, unless he wants me to be. I will stay out of his way if he stays out of mine.

I was pretty sure you had that heritage based on some prior things said over the years., but not quite 100% sure. Maybe Ken doesn’t realize that about you. I don’t know. Maybe Ken didn’t mean any offense to you, just said what he said without consideration.

All I can vouch for is myself. You are a friend and brother my man.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:40pm
Ok Ken is not up to date with PC language, but after rereading it I do not not see him poking at Joe. 

Sad to say but not hardly any non documented workers coming to do farm work anymore. There are many that came 10 to 30 years ago that don't have everything legal and have worked and never taken a penny of tax money. But the last 5 years all the new ones have been recruited by labor contractors with the H2A program of the federal government.  The ones coming illegally are hauling drugs or looking for freebees from your and my pocket. Living close to the boarder is about like living in the inner city. 

So until you have walked in Ken's boot don't be getting to up set about all this yet. How would you feel finding people sleeping in a shed in your yard, just cause it was not closed with more than one lock.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:06pm
RAY..... KEN.... Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Ok Ken is not up to date with PC language, but after rereading it I do not not see him poking at Joe. 

Sad to say but not hardly any non documented workers coming to do farm work anymore. There are many that came 10 to 30 years ago that don't have everything legal and have worked and never taken a penny of tax money. But the last 5 years all the new ones have been recruited by labor contractors with the H2A program of the federal government.  The ones coming illegally are hauling drugs or looking for freebees from your and my pocket. Living close to the boarder is about like living in the inner city. 

So until you have walked in Ken's boot don't be getting to up set about all this yet. How would you feel finding people sleeping in a shed in your yard, just cause it was not closed with more than one lock.

Correction, Ken is Very up on PC language,,that is why he wrote what he did. I am NOT the cause NOR the reason for his name calling, if anything he needs to blame the other Joe that has caused his problems, the other guy's name is biden,!!
 Another correction,, I HAVE walked in similar shoes,,altho,, I never felt name calling would solve those issues.
 Obviously, you and I differ on issues such as this, so we both can go our own ways.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic