This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5G in Idaho (part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5G in Idaho (part 2)
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:41am
With the weather finally permitting, we got the track split and removed the right front idler; the gauge on the 50 ton press indicated 40 tons of force before the shaft moved. As you can see in the photo, it was not done soon enough.

We need two (2) of these:
RETAINER, bearing P/N 073646

Or perhaps drawings with dimensions so as to be able to build up and re-machine these.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 5:15pm
I check tomorrow if am still have some retainers bearing
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:32am
Hey Les, That piece can be repaired or a new one fabricated as you stated if you can figure out dimensions, just a word to the wise, if you try to arc weld to most of those cast pieces they can turn harder than the hubs of hades. Brass or torch rod would be the way to go for me. Should Gemdozer have one, it might be a good idea to duplicate it to CAD for the next guy.  Best of luck
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 4:32pm
I 0nly have a retainer bearing 073646 but not in very good condition the stell ring and boot seal are losed in
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 5:35pm
I made a mistake the seal rings and boot assambly are instaled in the bracket  or in the retainer seal rings.
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by gemdozer gemdozer wrote:

I made a mistake the seal rings and boot assambly are instaled in the bracket  or in the retainer seal rings.

If it is usable I am definitely interested.

We are also in need of seals and bearings.

Does anyone perchance have a complete idler for sale?
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
I have the retainer bearing with the cup and used bearing and have a other one cup and bearing and have 2 rings sealand the parts are usable and no more boots spring assambly
                                  gemdozer@hotmail.com
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by gemdozer gemdozer wrote:

I have the retainer bearing with the cup and used bearing and have a other one cup and bearing and have 2 rings sealand the parts are usable and no more boots spring assambly
                                  gemdozer@hotmail.com

Thanks for the reply, I sent you an email.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic